BUY BACK

03cobra34

Established Member
My 03 Cobra has been in the shop for a month now waiting for a new piston and head to be replaced. They said the part was on it's way but it hasn't showed up. I got a message on my machine yesterday and they asked if I wanted to go another route such as buy back. Unfortunatly they are closed until Monday. I just wanted to see if anyone has had a car bought back and what are the details? Do I get another car? :shrug:

florida03

Banned
I would do a buy back.
I think the only thing they deduct is the
amount of miles you have.Get a new Cobra.
Just check the build date of the new one.
The ones built after 11/02 have the new heads
and a few issues worked out . Good luck

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by 03cobra34
My 03 Cobra has been in the shop for a month now waiting for a new piston and head to be replaced. They said the part was on it's way but it hasn't showed up. I got a message on my machine yesterday and they asked if I wanted to go another route such as buy back. Unfortunatly they are closed until Monday. I just wanted to see if anyone has had a car bought back and what are the details? Do I get another car? :shrug:
they should charge you for miles only. this is also called lemon law. it is a easy process depending on the dealership. good luck:beer:

tvguy

If it was my car in the shop and needed a new piston and a new head, I'd jump at the chance if the dealer offered to buy the car back. The only person I want intalling a piston is the guy who signed the engine after he built it!! My suggestion is immediately take them up on their offer. They're giving away 03's now with the rebate, so even if you have milage, I doubt you'll lose much if any in the process. Good luck.
pacotaco

Last edited by a moderator:

03cobra34

Established Member
Originally posted by pacotaco
If it was my car in the shop and needed a new piston and a new head, I'd jump at the chance if the dealer offered to buy the car back. The only person I want intalling a piston is the guy who signed the engine after he built it!! My suggestion is immediately take them up on their offer. They're giving away 03's now with the rebate, so even if you have milage, so I doubt you'll lose much if any in the process. Good luck.
pacotaco

My thoughts Exactly!!!

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Oh yeah I would do it in a heart beat as stated above clean start and with the markdowns and rebates you should come out even if not ahead.:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread