Buy borla stingers or borla atak

xKingCobra

Established Member
I have Mac Long tubes , catless mac prochamber h pipe , and flowmasters exhaust setup. While cruising I feel like the setup is not at the loudness I desire . Can you guys with experience with borla make suggestions whether to buy the borla stingers or ataks. I have heard some of the videos on YouTube but not with a prochamber . If you have a vid with long tubes and a prochamber with stingers or ataks please link me . Other than that I'll consider advice before I buy

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
What loudness do you desire? I have stingers and think they are just about right. I can make the car growl at a red light and still hear my phone during normal driving conditions. It's not so loud as to detract from the car if that makes sense.

xKingCobra

Established Member
Loud enough where you can hear it loudly in the driver seat with windows down , but not so loud where im going to get the cops every other day. The Flowmasters are too quiet and scream only on when you get on the throttle but most cruising speeds are just way too quiet under 3500 rpm.

04oxfordvert

Established Member
well i can tell you ataks are absolutly nuts! in a good way! i dont have long tubes. and prob wont now as volume does not need to go up. havent jewrd stingers in person. but an fyi. youtube is good for general sound. but does not compare to in person! go ataks and post a vid!!

xKingCobra

Established Member
well i can tell you ataks are absolutly nuts! in a good way! i dont have long tubes. and prob wont now as volume does not need to go up. havent jewrd stingers in person. but an fyi. youtube is good for general sound. but does not compare to in person! go ataks and post a vid!!

Post a vid of your borla atak setup

badmpg03

Established Member
IMO - If you drive the car everyday, I would not get the atak.
I think stingers are plenty loud and sound more refined if you aren't running cats.
My car is weekend fun and with LT ORX Stingers, I love the noise but can only take about 30-45min of driving at time. Ataks with ORX is too much, and is just more noise, no improvement in tone or pitch.

CobraLucci

LEO
Established Member
Id go with stingers imo, i had loudmouths before and hated them. My buddy used to have borla attaks back in the day with kook headers and didnt like them. I thought they were raspier than my stingers.

Users who are viewing this thread