Buyer beware on this C6 Z06

Cman01

hello
Established Member
If you or anyone you know are in the market for a C6 Z06 make sure you do your due diligence on this particular one.

VIN 1G1YZ26E595114558

I posted about this vehicle where it was a top trim Sienna leather 3LZ car and the current seller switched the interior to a regular ebony and is now selling it as a 2LZ car.

Video of the car before it was sold to the current person:

Full tour of 2009 Z06 - YouTube

Spread the word about this vehicle.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
^^^^^That was my ad when I was selling the car last year. The person selling the car now did the interior switch and his ad is below.

FS (For Sale) 2009 Cyber Gray mint Z06, 23.5K miles, 2LZ, modded, CT - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Looks like someone is already doing their diligence (last post in the seller's ad)

Thats funny, I remember that ad and the price being jacked. I recall guys shitting on it at the time and their posts getting taken down by the mods. I wish Corvetteforum was more like SVTP.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If you or anyone you know are in the market for a C6 Z06 make sure you do your due diligence on this particular one.

VIN 1G1YZ26E595114558

I posted about this vehicle where it was a top trim Sienna leather 3LZ car and the current seller switched the interior to a regular ebony and is now selling it as a 2LZ car.

Video of the car before it was sold to the current person:

Full tour of 2009 Z06 - YouTube

Spread the word about this vehicle.
Is this your old car cman?

So it was a higher trim 3LZ Sienna, now is a lower trim 2LZ in ebony? Think hes trying to sell the 3LZ interior for a lot of $$$$ and maximize a derated trim Z06 to an unsuspecting person?

Getting my facts straight so I can murder his thread. **** shady sellers, same as theives as far as I'm concerned.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
So what he just took the interior out and swapped to a lower trim level? Then reselling at same price or?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Apparently swapped interior to a lower trim interior. Is now selling while advertising for the lower trim interior.

The only bad I can see is not disclosing the interior swap. Should be mentioned.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Apparently swapped interior to a lower trim interior. Is now selling while advertising for the lower trim interior.

The only bad I can see is not disclosing the interior swap. Should be mentioned.
The swap isnt the problem, so much as the car being a higher trim, offered with a lower trim and no disclosure.

Some would consider the swap damaging to the cars value. But potential buyers have no idea to determine for themselves if the downgraded interior on a Z06 is worth a drop in overall value.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
The swap isnt the problem, so much as the car being a higher trim, offered with a lower trim and no disclosure.

Some would consider the swap damaging to the cars value. But potential buyers have no idea to determine for themselves if the downgraded interior on a Z06 is worth a drop in overall value.

Buyer will be surprised to see his dash leather curling up when he thinks he has a 2lz LOL

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
50-50 on this.

I think it's a harder pill to take when it's a downgrade swap. If this was a 2LZ swapped to a 3LZ interior.. you'd be hard pressed to find anyone bitching. But being the opposite it's not going to be as widely acceptable, even though it's his car/his ad/he's claiming it's a 2LZ interior as it is

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Is this your old car cman?

So it was a higher trim 3LZ Sienna, now is a lower trim 2LZ in ebony? Think hes trying to sell the 3LZ interior for a lot of $$$$ and maximize a derated trim Z06 to an unsuspecting person?

Getting my facts straight so I can murder his thread. **** shady sellers, same as theives as far as I'm concerned.

Yes that was my old Z06, owned since new and is a Sienna 3LZ car from the factory. I sold it along with my GT500 to buy my current C7 ZR1. The current seller owns several Z06's and basically he switched out the Sienna interior from the car and swapped it with one of his other Z06's that was a 2LZ ebony interior car. I can confirm this fact if and when it is necessary.

Other than the switch in interiors there is nothing wrong with the car AFAIK. Just a FYI for all if they come across this car and decide not to fully do the diligence and end up buying the car thinking it's a true 2LZ but in reality was a 3LZ car.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Screenshot_20210428-123451_Chrome.jpg

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
LOL. You will probably get banned for that. I got a time out for merely commenting on the mods of some dude that wanted 130k for a c7z.
That's fine. A lot of nuthuggers over there as is. Sides, everyone knows LS1tech is where you go for real GM mechanical discussion and problems.

But they obviously have a shady seller getting called out. If they ban me and protect him then they can keep their shit forum.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Exactly... i guess i fail to see the problem if the seller is NOT listing it as a 3LZ which it appears they are not.

The problem is the seller is failing to mention that the car was originally a 3LZ car that was changed over to a 2LZ interior car. Some people might wanna know that info, brah...

Cman01

hello
Established Member
If u do your FDD and am OK with the car now being a 2LZ when originally it was a 3LZ car then go ahead and buy if u r in the market for a C6Z.

Now what happens when the time comes for u to sell and some of your potential buyers do their FDD and they have a problem with this car now not a 3LZ car?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Corvette guys maybe? Ive never cared about trim level, but then again.. im just a pleb.

Then again, those die hard GM fans who really care about trim level and how it relates to "collector" value should take a peek at how the 90s ZR1's are doing compared to oh, IDK... pretty much ANY performance ford of the same era.

Users who are viewing this thread