Buyer Beware

TFStang

Established Member
Looks like the #300 car (00R) is the subject of a scam. Car is being offered at $21K and is apparently located in Portugal where the seller does not want to let it just sit in a garage as it is too expensive to register the car and pay the taxes for it.

Anyone know the true whereabouts of the #300 car? I know that it sold a couple years back at auction for like $26K, and then it was offered for sale again, but then the trail goes cold.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It passed inspection out in California back in 2015...since then it has not been re-registered.

TFStang

Established Member
The ad was on Back Page, but has since been taken down when I called the scammer out on it. What kind of an idiot tries to run a scam with a car like that. He should have tired his scam with something less specialized. Although he did offer to send the car to me from Portugal so I could inspect it before I bought it. Lol.

Zemedici

Established Member
The ad was on Back Page, but has since been taken down when I called the scammer out on it. What kind of an idiot tries to run a scam with a car like that. He should have tired his scam with something less specialized. Although he did offer to send the car to me from Portugal so I could inspect it before I bought it. Lol.

shoulda taken him up on that offer......hahahahahaha

sounds suuuuuuper shady.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
When I was shopping last year, I came across one that the guy claimed to be in the U.S. military stationed overseas. He said the car was in a storage unit in the middle of nowhere (like rural Montana or something). We exchanged a few emails back-and-forth, but as soon as I said I was an airline pilot and could fly up for free to inspect the car, he stopped communicating with me.

It's sad really that there are people out there that feel the need to steal money vs. go out and earn it honestly. He had the car listed for 1/2 price.

Last edited:

flattrack53

Established Member
I have a real 427 cobra for sale. I will sell it to you for 100,000.... Please send 5,000 to my PayPal account as a gift and I will give you my address to come see the car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
99.9% sure that one was a scam. A girl in her 20s (friend of ours) was looking at a car for a really good price that was located about 7-8 hours away near the Canadian border. She asked me what I thought. I looked at the ad and immediately saw a number of red flags. The clincher was when the seller told her that she could come inspect it. He knew, of course, that she was too far away to really do it. I told her to tell the seller that her "uncle" lived 30 minutes from where he stated he lived, and that he'd be happy to drive over and inspect it. She never heard back from the seller/scammer.

Some of these crooks are pretty savvy, but most of them can be identified as scammer with minimal work.

nmp1

Established Member
i just emailed him, ill see how long i can drag him along.

i always wanted a cobra r with the factory decal package

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
^^ Everything is always "hunky-dory" until you ask to see the car in person.

Rare R

Established Member
Car was purchase at Mecum auction by a gentleman name Danny in Miami 786-291-3622 www.realmusclecars.com. He might be able to tell you where he sold it.
ca0815-219508_1@2x.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread