Buyin GT

FreeFlowSVT

Lover Of Burned Rubber
Established Member
The dealership that put that one on e-bay doesn't have it yet..as none do till april and later..thats when they start coming...i work for a dealership and we are getting one...have to win lottery to be getting them with the limited number...no dealer is ordering them...so the e-bay one was a lottery win for them and they put it up like my dealership did. And we got 230K for ours and the guy is from across the lake in NY and is letting it stay at the Dealership for a little while after we get it in.

And the pictures of the grayish one are from the car show as you can see the Cobra Concept in the backround of one of the pics.

Last edited:

inVision

Established Member
Originally posted by Dave Schotz
You have a lot to learn I am sure... but what can we expect... you FRIGGIN LIVE IN CANADA!!!

I can still be a FORD FAN... and be HONEST!!! Some day... you may understand this concept... ahh... nevermind... your FROM CANADA! What do you know!! Aiye!!!

:bash: :rolling: :bash:

inVision

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
JI do agree with Dave that the GT is going to be a tough car to sell 4500 of, I will even bet someone a small wager that they end up amending that number downwards by the time all is said and done. This is not to take away from the GT in any way, but a $140,000 Ford is going to be hard to sell 4500 of.

Anyways, $140,000 or so, give me a Viper Competition Coupe.
:D

Brian

I agree, I think a few years down the line we will be seeing GT's with little or no miles for well under MSRP, just like the 00R's. And in time, perhaps the GT will start going back up in value again.

Brian! A Viper Competition Coupe added to your collection...

:bowdown: :bowdown:

02 Harley Truck

Established Member
vipers are sweet... but i love the look of the GT 50 times better... and its still faster... little more money... but i like it...

could somone answer my quesion about the Gray and silver stripes... will there be a car made in that color... and does ne one know how many cars are coming in each color?

ELEANOR

Established Member
My brother's friend is a dealer at Maroone in South Florida. He said the MSRP on the GT is 89,900. Only the top 40 dealerships are expected to get them. Because of Supply and demand the car is expected to sell at approx. 160,000.

Terminator

Established Member
Not to start an argument but your brothers friend is misinformed.
MSRP on a GT is 139,995.00 give or take a few dollars.

02 Harley Truck

Established Member
lol yup... 140,000 but after taxes and delivery fee and after the dealer gets there cut your gonna be paying about 180,000 for the car... or atleast thats what the dealer that wants to sell one to me said... i really cant wait to see this car... i am gonna go to the auto show here in Minneapolis on tuesday... hopefully Ford will have the GT there... maybe... hope so i will try and get some pictures if possible!

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by Dave Schotz
Ditch the 5.4 DOHC Supercharged Motor... bring in a 7 litre Aluminum V-10 w/ SOHC 3 Valve Heads... and I would bet you have taken 200 lbs off the car, while increase HP & TQ! Not to mention... the car would also perform much more consistently... due to SuperChargers don't perform the same lap after lap (or when it is 110 degrees outside etc...)

Dave

Porsche Carrera GT 605HP N/A V10!....:rockon:

Price is high though.

02 Harley Truck

Established Member
i really dont like the look of the Carrera and much as the GT... i think the GT Looks incredibal.. and im goin to the auto show tomorow to look at it in person... well atleast i hope they have it in person... should be fun... ill try to get some photos...

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by 02 Harley Truck
i really dont like the look of the Carrera and much as the GT... i think the GT Looks incredibal.. and im goin to the auto show tomorow to look at it in person... well atleast i hope they have it in person... should be fun... ill try to get some photos...

I love Stangs and Fords but I pride myself in not being Brand Blinded I can appreciate cars from all manufactures. I know this is all personal opinion but I don't think the GT holds a candle in the looks department with the Carrera GT.

carreragt03_12_800.jpg

ericbsvt

GT base price=$139,999, options: paint stripe= $5000, BBS wheels=$3500, McIntosh Radio upgrade=$4000. Colors avail:yellow w/black stripe, red w/white stripe, blue w/white stripe, silver w/black stripe, black w/silver stripe, white w/blue stripe. The other option is painted brake calipers, black is standard, red or grey are optional. All dealers who won the presidents award get one, the top volume dealers get what they are allocated from Ford (by now they know who they are and how many they are getting)and they may get one by pure luck by way of a lottery later on. If you are able to get one, you will probably pay a premium considering dealers who didn't get any are buying them from other dealers above msrp.

02 Harley Truck

Established Member
MMMMM BLACK WITH WITH SILVER STRIPE... i seen one at the auto show... a white and blue striped one... looked incredibal... i almost wet my self...

Jim Seafuse

Wow, Not sure if I should cancel my order or not
after reading all of these post. Does anyone REALLY think your going to buy a GT for anywhere around MSRP, remember the T-Bird when reintroduced
got $30,000.00 over MSRP and that was anything other than a performance car. The one for sale in Autoweek wants $300,000.00 and has TURNED DOWN $225,000.00 twice in the first week of ad.If nothing else the GT should be a FUN car to drive and cruise in. What the heck, I think I will leave my order in.

02 Harley Truck

Established Member
Originally posted by JBS Motorsports
Wow, Not sure if I should cancel my order or not
after reading all of these post. Does anyone REALLY think your going to buy a GT for anywhere around MSRP, remember the T-Bird when reintroduced
got $30,000.00 over MSRP and that was anything other than a performance car. The one for sale in Autoweek wants $300,000.00 and has TURNED DOWN $225,000.00 twice in the first week of ad.If nothing else the GT should be a FUN car to drive and cruise in. What the heck, I think I will leave my order in.

this car is goin to be awesome... i wont be crusin in my GT illl be at the track gettin some times and makin mods to mine to make it even faster.. then go out lookin for other SUPERCARS...

Users who are viewing this thread