Buyin GT

BCM0018

Established Member
The twin turbo viper comes in at about 125,000 for the 800 package, thats 25,000 less than a GT and it will break 10 in the quarter. They also offer a 1000 HP package. Im not saying the GT cant be moddified its just that it already has a supercharger on it just to be around Viper horsepower, mabye a little bit higher. Just the fact that its engine is so much smaller makes it hard to produce as much power IMO. I am a firm beliver that there is no substitute for cubic inches and the GT doesn't have them. Im not saying I don't like the GT, I think they look awesome and will definitly be rarer than a Viper its just I'd rather pocket the 25K and get a car thats a lot faster

Paul Vincent

Established Member
BCM0018, I don't have the money for any of this expensive stuff, but if I did, the first thing I'd buy would be a turbo Busa with 500 + hp. It will be at least $80,000 cheaper than your 800 or 1,000 hp Viper, and it will be capable of low 8 second quarter mile times and good for 240 mph + on the right Interstate. Plus, if I stay off the throttle, it will still get economy car mileage. Once again, to each his own. My father has a different idea. He'd buy a new (or near new) Grand Marquis for $20,000. Then, he'd take the $100,000 plus (that he's saving over not buying a modded Viper) and buy a second artifical knee. It is hell walking around with one leg shorter than the other, and the second knee would fix this. To each his own.

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by Dave Schotz
Sorry guys... I love the car and all... but a supercharged 5.4 just isn't going to cut it (IMO)...

This car will go down the road of the Pantera... a leader in nothing but looks. (And I like Pantera's... but you don't buy one for speed!) ;)

The Viper & C6 Z06 will smoke it (IMO)... and do everything better... the GT isn't light... and for $135K+ I need more than 5.4 litres... unless it has a Ferrari Badge! :burnout:

I loved the GT ad during the Super Bowl... and think it is bad ass... But it is about $70K over priced!

And I will be willing to bet... they SIT on the lots! For the guys who pay the premiums... just talk to the '00R guys that bought their cars for Sticker ++ Only to find out 2 years later... they were lucky to pull in $45K! Now... $40K is tough to bring! :rollseyes

Anyways... sorry for being the Pessimist... I just think Ford REALLY messed up... and this car won't be anything but special to the few dozen people who 'have to have one':p

And as for... you'd rather buy new... because if it's used it will be beat to shit? Please... how many people can afford $135K cars... and beat them to shit... generally they treat their cars pretty good! :beer:

I won't mind picking mine up in 3 years with 2500 miles on it for $65,000 :D

Peace!

Dave

Are you serious? The ford gt goes 0-60 in 3.3!!!!

BCM0018

Established Member
Mabye, but in Moter Trend The GT was a little quicker than the Viper to 60 just to lose to it by .01 seconds in te 1/4. I want to see what the production version can do. I'm sick of seeing test results from test muels. I also like the idea of getting a bike the Busa is sick, especially with a turbo. I might even go for a Boss Haus with a 502.

A2V2NV

Established Member
If you want a more ACCURATE GT 40......

Superformance, the company that builds the really nice 427 AC roadsters, will shortly be releasing their GT40!!!!!!! Supposed to be very authentic!! They're guessing around $95K everything except motor. (wouldn't you rather have a 347 anyway?)

It will be the REAL dimensions and the REAL weight, with no A/C, cupholders, etc.,

The real GT40, was a true RACE CAR, and the street versions were RACE CARS, they were loud, they rode rough, and HAULED ASS!!

Superformance is bringing us the real deal, get exceited about that!!

go to www.gt40s.com, these guys live and breathe this stuff, and they're not too crazy about this new plush copy cat thats the too heavy, too cushy, and TOO BIG!!

just my .02

joe

A2V2NV

Established Member
Also of note:

The GT motor is not a lightning motor!! The lightning is a 2V!!
The GT is 4V
The GT also has a dry sump oiling system, the lightning is conventional.

I still would rather go to Superformance and go AUTHENTIC, though........

numbaonestunna

Established Member
too bad....

Originally posted by A2V2NV
If you want a more ACCURATE GT 40......

Superformance, the company that builds the really nice 427 AC roadsters, will shortly be releasing their GT40!!!!!!! Supposed to be very authentic!! They're guessing around $95K everything except motor. (wouldn't you rather have a 347 anyway?)

It will be the REAL dimensions and the REAL weight, with no A/C, cupholders, etc.,

The real GT40, was a true RACE CAR, and the street versions were RACE CARS, they were loud, they rode rough, and HAULED ASS!!

Superformance is bringing us the real deal, get exceited about that!!

go to www.gt40s.com, these guys live and breathe this stuff, and they're not too crazy about this new plush copy cat thats the too heavy, too cushy, and TOO BIG!!

just my .02

joe

The C/F on the real GT40 SUCKS... why would you want that now? Granted it's light, but they should at least fix that...

Users who are viewing this thread