buying another hot tub

kingnut

Established Member
i guess for the simple reason of being able to say "hey want to come back to my place, i got a hot tub." i already owned a jacuzzi top of the line hot tub ($9000) back in 2005. im looking for something good for $3000. there is a good amount of options out there. what kind of hot tub do you guys recommend?

Equalbracket

Established Member
I have a salt water Hotspring Grandee spa, very little maintenance, the cover just flips over and folds back, takes just a few seconds.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
my pop and I used to custom build hot tubs. it was pretty bad ass. we took a blank shell. and made eveything from scratch. all the jets, outlets, waterfalls, pumps, and exterior. we did it all. it costs about 1/4 of the price if you have any free time and skill. its pretty easy to do.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
I purchased a $7500 hot tub from Hot Springs which has been very reliable and great 7 years ago. Today I would buy a $3500 hot tub from Costco and take my chances.

AquaTerra

kingnut

Established Member
ive went the expensive route. i know there is a ton of good ones out there for under $3500. there are some on craigslist for a good deal but the sellers seem like dirtbags. amazon, lowes, home depot

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a 530 sq ft stamped and stained patio built right after I bought my house 4 years ago, even had them make a 12x12 section of it extra thick with more rebar in order to support a hot tub. 4 years later I still haven't bought one. I'm interested to see what you come up with.

kingnut

Established Member
I had a 530 sq ft stamped and stained patio built right after I bought my house 4 years ago, even had them make a 12x12 section of it extra thick with more rebar in order to support a hot tub. 4 years later I still haven't bought one. I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Well i have bought the top of the line jacuzzi. Built in speakers, floating remote, fits 8 people, cd player, everything except a built in TV. It had to be worked on like 5 times the first 2 months under warranty. The jet covers kept falling off. It wasnt what i thought it would be.

I told myself no more hot tubs. Well now i want another one. Its more of a social tool. Everyone loves a hot tub. The Aquaterra posted up above has a great reputation from what i have read. Also they had that model on sale for $2999 during christmas. Im gonna check more into it and probably go with that make and model. I will let you know how it goes. Its gonna be a couple of months before i get back stateside.

Users who are viewing this thread