Established Member
How'd I do?
4e20ef1db0cb36974db2cdc1f5bce602.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Great job. Loos nice, my man.

You say you do not have IRS? How do the IRS tailpipes fit with SRA?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Big tire on that size of rear rim. Kind of impressed it fits. Have many issues with rubbing?

Looks really nice!

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Big tire on that size of rear rim. Kind of impressed it fits. Have many issues with rubbing?

Looks really nice!

Wheels are 11.5. 325 isn't big at all, even in a Michelin.. It's a very tight fit. Had to adjusts the PHB to center the rear perfectly. Then added a set of 5/16" spacers to get them to stop rubbing the inside wheel tubs. May have to raise the car a hair still. I spec'd the wheels with aggressive backspacing so I could space them out if needed for fine tuning.. If they rub too much, I can always drop down to 5" lips and then have plenty of room :) Been too busy to mess with it since I got it back. I'll start working on it later in the week

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I actually more meant the tire looked tall. Maybe it's just the photo, idk. Look good, though.

I like the amount of thought you put into it when you spec'd them.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Oh. Yeah. They are tall. I may have to drop down 5 on the sidewall ratio but I will figure that out later. Maximum Motorsports was telling me the car is too low so I was trying to gain some ride height while still filling up the wheel wells. I like how the back tire looks but I'm not completely sold on the front. It's one hell of a gamble because my $1,500 worth of michelins are worth next to nothing used it seems like even if they only have 5 miles on them LOL

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Been super busy moving but I worked on the car a little. Finished buffing the new paint and ceramic coated it. Came out good. I have to shorten my custom exhaust hangers to raise the exhaust up and then I'll start driving it,
31f51dd619c5641cd715d7ce2cb304b6.jpg
b372bb2f077369e239900a98fde4937d.jpg

Helomech74

Established Member
Which products did you use for the paint? I'm going to be tackling a paint correction and ceramic coating on my black 98 this fall.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
are those true forged wheels? what is the backspace on them? trying to do a possible wheel swap on mine, but staying with 17's in a different style. i am looking at one company, but they need the specs and I have no idea what the backspace should be for an 11" rim. thanks.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
are those true forged wheels? what is the backspace on them? trying to do a possible wheel swap on mine, but staying with 17's in a different style. i am looking at one company, but they need the specs and I have no idea what the backspace should be for an 11" rim. thanks.

Mine are aggressively backspaced at 7.25 so they could be spaced out if needed and not stick out too far from the get go.. Because of the larger diameter tire I'm running I did space them back out 1/4 so the backspacing is technically 7". On an 11, you can do 6.75 or 6.5 on an 11 on an SN95 with SRA

Users who are viewing this thread