By passing smog pump

marco93cobra

Established Member
I would say take the car to the parts store and try to fit some one there, otherwise, you are going to make a few trips there.

I had to do it to the lightning to find a shorter belt when I bypassed the smog pump. They didnt care, but I do alot of business there.

Good Luck

WillyB93

Established Member
If you haven't figured it out yet, It should be like an 84 inch belt and routed the same way !!!

Stinger99

Established Member
I'll try the string as soon as the weather gets better.

84" is the forth number i read so far, along with 74, 74 1/4, and 69.....lol from other forums....im so confused

marco93cobra

Established Member
Just keep the reciept.lol
I tryed to help you out yesterday and looked around for it for a minute, and I saw three different lenghts, the reason for me not posting it.

Stinger99

Established Member
marco93cobra
Thanks for looking, Im gonna do what Fast93 said, measure with the twine and get close.
the wheather here sucked but today aint looking bad....ill try to do it today.

WillyB93

Established Member
The thing of it is the belt can be routed 2 or 3 different ways, depending on what you have eliminated. In shorter ways you have to re-adjust or drill a mount hole for the belt tensioner routed one of the different ways!!

stangposse

Established Member
I used a 74inch on my Fox. Originally tried a 69 and couldn't get it on. The 74 fits....any longer and the tensioner will bottom out. You could get away with a 72 or 73 if you can find one.

Stinger99

Established Member
WillyB93
Im only bypassing the smog pump. Would I mount the belt the same way while bypassing the smog pump?

Stinger99

Established Member
stangposse
I thought the cobra pullies are different then on normal foxes, thats why im so confused.

stangposse

Established Member
stangposse
I thought the cobra pullies are different then on normal foxes, thats why im so confused.

My buddy's 93 Cobra belt with underdrives fit just like mine, with underdrives, when bypassing the smog pump. When both our cars had stock pullies, I gave him an extra belt that I had to use on his car when his got oil on it...and that fit fine as well.

WillyB93

Established Member
Yes keep the belt in the same routing as the factory without the smog pump, in this case if you change the routing the belt will rub itself in another routing pattern!!!!

Stinger99

Established Member
O.K. Put the belt on we went with a 75inch fit perfect after 2 other tries...73 and 74 inch belts was way too tight.

thanks for the help guys.

WillyB93

Established Member
Well that's great!!! A friend of mine has just a 1992 gt and bypassed the smog before but cobras have factory under drive pulleys so wasn't for sure the exact size you needed. He belt size was 75 1/2" belt.

Users who are viewing this thread