C & L 2013 Cold air intake

2013Boss302

Established Member
I got a chance to install the C & L intake that is specific for the 2013 Mustangs. This Kit comes with an improved heat shield that is curved to the front on top to eliminate water from entering the filter. When I received this kit I was very impressed with how well it was packaged. It even comes with the torx bit needed for install. The heat shield is very solid and contours very well to eliminate hot air from entering the filter. The install is as about as straight forward as can be. It took me about 30 minuets to completely swap put the intake to the C & L unit. This intake comes with a sleeve that goes around the MAF that is used if you do not want to tune the vehicle. I am currently using this sleeve till I get a proper Dyno tune. After install I took the car for a drive and noticed right away there was a more crisp feel to the throttle. The car felt stronger throughout the powerband. As soon as I get to a dyno I am going to do a before and after baseline to share. I am extremely impressed with this intake from C & L intakes. Doug and Lee have been a pleasure to deal with.

Here is a picture of the intake installed on my 2013 Boss 302.
20120720_173543.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread