C&R Heat exchanger install

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
How do you install the lower air deflectors from the stock HE on to the C&R? Or are they unnecessary?
Also is there a way to test the HE and pump to insure the wiring is good on a 2010+ GT500?

Van@RevanRacing

How do you install the lower air deflectors from the stock HE on to the C&R? Or are they unnecessary?
Also is there a way to test the HE and pump to insure the wiring is good on a 2010+ GT500?

All of the aftermarket heat exchangers do not utilize the lower air deflectors. The deflectors were there to help direct as much air as possible to the heat exchanger when there were no fans. Now that is not the case.

The best way to test everything is to identify the relay in the engine bay that controls the intercooler water pump and then remove the fuse and "jumper" between the power in and power out point of the relay and that will trigger the pump on which subsequently will also trigger the fans to turn on if wired correctly.

You'll probably notice the water in the reservoir drain down quickly as the pump fills the heat exchanger and intercooler. Have additional fluid on hand to top it off.

Tried to call you back on Saturday evening. I have been at the track all weekend.

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
Thanks for calling me back sorry I didn't catch you. Ok so I'll look at the owners manual for what relay switches the pump on.
I'm confused on the wiring now. The instructions say wire into the fuse box on relay 47 the wiring diagram says splice the wht wire on the pump which do I do?

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
Here's what I got so far for the relays.
uzerymen.jpg

I had to run the fan wires on either side will this work for ground by the air filter?
ymenused.jpg

gehagavy.jpg

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
Also I had major interference with the HE right angle tube and the radiator air deflector making the install difficult.
ypytabuh.jpg

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
All of the aftermarket heat exchangers do not utilize the lower air deflectors. The deflectors were there to help direct as much air as possible to the heat exchanger when there were no fans. Now that is not the case.

The best way to test everything is to identify the relay in the engine bay that controls the intercooler water pump and then remove the fuse and "jumper" between the power in and power out point of the relay and that will trigger the pump on which subsequently will also trigger the fans to turn on if wired correctly.

You'll probably notice the water in the reservoir drain down quickly as the pump fills the heat exchanger and intercooler. Have additional fluid on hand to top it off.

Tried to call you back on Saturday evening. I have been at the track all weekend.

Had a heck of a time trying to find the 10mm bolts the instructions say to remove the front clip and long story short after several hrs and removing headlight bolts and a support arm bolt all of which are 10mm but doesn't hold the bumper I find YouTube that you simply pull the ends out on 2010+

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks for calling me back sorry I didn't catch you. Ok so I'll look at the owners manual for what relay switches the pump on.
I'm confused on the wiring now. The instructions say wire into the fuse box on relay 47 the wiring diagram says splice the wht wire on the pump which do I do?

Splice into the water pump voltage wire as this is the trigger. The fuse box and position 47 applies to older model GT500's. 2007 - 2009

Here's what I got so far for the relays.
I had to run the fan wires on either side will this work for ground by the air filter?

You might need to articulate the relays left and right to clearance the bumper fascia but we have mounted them there before without issue and your grounding location should be fine.

Also I had major interference with the HE right angle tube and the radiator air deflector making the install difficult.

Each car is different. I've had cars where it went right in and then cars where there is significant interference. Many times it's about how the A/C condenser was installed at the factory (more forward)

The fix is to simply notch the plastic piece for the elbow with a dremel. Only takes about 1.5" square to solve the problem.

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
Splice into the water pump voltage wire as this is the trigger. The fuse box and position 47 applies to older model GT500's. 2007 - 2009

You might need to articulate the relays left and right to clearance the bumper fascia but we have mounted them there before without issue and your grounding location should be fine.

Each car is different. I've had cars where it went right in and then cars where there is significant interference. Many times it's about how the A/C condenser was installed at the factory (more forward)

The fix is to simply notch the plastic piece for the elbow with a dremel. Only takes about 1.5" square to solve the problem.

Thanks Van. There was something about soldering connections on another gt500 forum that the fans stopped working can you elaborate?

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks Van. There was something about soldering connections on another gt500 forum that the fans stopped working can you elaborate?

Soldering is simply a better means of attaching the wires together. I told that customer to re-wire and solder versus using the crimp connectors.

Ok I'm splicing the water pump wire with both orange wires together :)
zapeqyje.jpg

There ya go.

Users who are viewing this thread