C5 or C6?

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I have to question your thoughts sir.

The T56 in both trans were totally different, the vette had a 26 spline input and the cobra had a 10, the outputs I believe were 31? So I will take a pass on that bundle. The Cobra had wayyyyy softer bushings compared to the C5Z, hell even the half shafts had a strong spline which I'm sorry I can't rattle off the top of my head but were well above 10 spline... Stock for stock I will shake your hand on the violence feeling but you've been here and seen or raced as much as me but I will admit stock for stock the vette wins but a modded cobra wins bang to buck. Your still my bro and I love your car!

Well the major difference is the Cobra had a traditional trans and engine hook up while the C5 had a engine, torque tube, and transaxle between the rear tires. That is probably why the Vette had the different splines vs the Cobra.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Y'all got me looking at Corvettes, but there are so many trim levels, ahhhhhh! How do you know what to look for, avoid, etc.? My price range would be no higher than mid 40's.
It depends on what it is you want to do with the car. If you want to build it up yourself, I think that a base Corvette is a good deal.

If you want a bad ass car out of the box, Z06 all the way.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I have to question your thoughts sir.

The T56 in both trans were totally different, the vette had a 26 spline input and the cobra had a 10, the outputs I believe were 31? So I will take a pass on that bundle. The Cobra had wayyyyy softer bushings compared to the C5Z, hell even the half shafts had a strong spline which I'm sorry I can't rattle off the top of my head but were well above 10 spline... Stock for stock I will shake your hand on the violence feeling but you've been here and seen or raced as much as me but I will admit stock for stock the vette wins but a modded cobra wins bang to buck. Your still my bro and I love your car!

Jay,

We are talking about the feel of the car as a whole. Raw, correct?

The c5z, although more balanced, was much better connected to the road and driver than a Cobra. The cobra was “clunkier” but not rawer.

Stock for stock is the only way to properly compare. Cobra did have bang for the buck and could be made as fast or faster than the vette. But it also took more mods to make faster.

Both cars were absolutely awesome, I will say that. To this day, not buying a Cobra back in 04 is one of my biggest regrets (car wise).

Still bros. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread