C6 to C6 Z06

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
Well I am seriously thinking about picking up a 2005 C6 Corvette around 4th of July. You can get a nice used one for around 30k and low mileage 30k miles.

currently low mileage 06/07 C6 Z06 are currently going for 50K, which i can buy now but who the hell wants a high payment.

anyways I figure i will put 15k down on the C6, pay if off in 2 years. and then trade it for a C6 Z06, but then they should only be going for 40-42K.

What are your thoughts on this?

Common

Established Member
I wouldn't make any big purchases right now. Cars come and go, financial stability is much harder to find.

DaJoker

Never Serious...Seriously
Established Member
You'd still be financing almost $20K after tax title etc. That note would be close to $1000 a month. Might as well get the Z and have the note for 4yrs. But Common does have a good point, nice to have 15k stashed in case of problems.

Last edited:

double eagle

Banned
I love my car but if I could have what I paid for it in my pocket, I'd jump at the chance.

If you're absolutely intent on making this buy then consider my experience - whenever I've bought anything but the most powerful model available I regretted it.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
You'd still be financing almost $20K after tax title etc. That note would be close to $1000 a month. Might as well get the Z and have the note for 4yrs. But Common does have a good point, nice to have 15k stashed in case of problems.

20k financed isnt anywhere close to 1000 a month unless you have a horrible interest rate. its more like 400-500

logan_yomtov

Established Member
20k financed isnt anywhere close to 1000 a month unless you have a horrible interest rate. its more like 400-500

read the OP again, he wants to pay it off in 2 years.

I'm suprise you can't find 05's for int he 20's...i remember they were going for about 30 over a year ago.

I would try to get a used 07...the ls3 is a badass motor.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
read the OP again, he wants to pay it off in 2 years.

I'm suprise you can't find 05's for int he 20's...i remember they were going for about 30 over a year ago.

I would try to get a used 07...the ls3 is a badass motor.

fair enough...reading is fundamental

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
If you are going to do it might as well go with the Z06. Why buy one knowing you want the other one and will trade it in to get the other one later? You will take a beating in trading it in or selling the one to get the one you want. Just my .02 if ya do it get what ya want the first time instead of wasting time and money on something you are not 100% on.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Well I am seriously thinking about picking up a 2005 C6 Corvette around 4th of July. You can get a nice used one for around 30k and low mileage 30k miles.

currently low mileage 06/07 C6 Z06 are currently going for 50K, which i can buy now but who the hell wants a high payment.

anyways I figure i will put 15k down on the C6, pay if off in 2 years. and then trade it for a C6 Z06, but then they should only be going for 40-42K.

What are your thoughts on this?

Buy the Z06 if thats what you really want. If you buy a C6 and trade it 2yrs from now you will lose alot of money. You will have lost, tax, title, interest for 2yrs and depreciation. A 30K C6 will be worth about $25k on the market 2yrs from now but a dealer will only give you about $20k on trade-in. So unless you have $10K+ to burn I suggest you get the Z. :nono:

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Keep your money and keep saving. That way you have something to fall back on. You can always buy a car later. Money is not always around.

vulk

Established Member
The C6 Z06's are going for 35K with <10K miles at private dealer auctions. Get in touch with someone who has the license and go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread