c6 zo6 vs. ford gt

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
DBK said:
Indeed. The Big Two and their sellout German cousin.

Hey, Ford and GM might become a division of The Toyota Motor Company if they keep heading their current path. ~3 billion lost between the 2 for the 1st Qrt. They should both stop making cars and focus on their financial divisions. Keep thinking positive :)

j/k I really hope they turn their ships around before it's too late.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Hey, Ford and GM might become a division of The Toyota Motor Company if they keep heading their current path. ~3 billion lost between the 2 for the 1st Qrt. They should both stop making cars and focus on their financial divisions. Keep thinking positive :)

j/k I really hope they turn their ships around before it's too late.

Yeah, and DCX has more drama then a daytime soap opera(just with Nazis). Schrempp gets forced out, Zetsche muscles in, Cordes tries to tender his resignation. All while they extend the employee discount indefinitely with a P/E ration more than double Ford's, and an ongoing investigation into insider trading.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
DBK said:
Yeah, and DCX has more drama then a daytime soap opera(just with Nazis). Schrempp gets forced out, Zetsche muscles in, Cordes tries to tender his resignation. All while they extend the employee discount indefinitely with a P/E ration more than double Ford's, and an ongoing investigation into insider trading.

That was planned all along for Zetsche to take over, everyone knew it. I thought GM/Ford still had employee pricing. We all know how much a companies P/E ratio means. Toyota's is higher than Fords, but that doesn't seem to be hurting them.

All I care about is shareholder value and DC atleast provides that. DC has a much higher stock value, better dividends, oh yeah it doesn't have a credit rating of "junk". It's market cap is 2.5x of Fords. I'm sure Ford/GM doesn't have any "insider" trading going on. Face it, the "sellout" is easily outperforming the "domestics".

Sorry about off topic,back to the show :burnout:

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
That was planned all along for Zetsche to take over, everyone knew it. I thought GM/Ford still had employee pricing. We all know how much a companies P/E ratio means. Toyota's is higher than Fords, but that doesn't seem to be hurting them.

All I care about is shareholder value and DC atleast provides that. DC has a much higher stock value, better dividends, oh yeah it doesn't have a credit rating of "junk". It's market cap is 2.5x of Fords. I'm sure Ford/GM doesn't have any "insider" trading going on. Face it, the "sellout" is easily outperforming the "domestics".

Sorry about off topic,back to the show :burnout:

I'm sure Schrempp knew it, which is why he's going to leave even earlier now. Similarly, Cordes must have known, which is why he tried to have his contract terminated.

If you think the P/E ratio is irrelevant, why bother quoting market cap? Explain that logic.

Ford and GM have no insider trading going, because as far as I know, they both have indefinite blackout periods going on.

Ford has $40 billion dollars in cash. The best car lineup it's ever had. The best financial services group in the world.

Chrysler has one car, the Jerome special, and a bunch of numbers hidden in fleets. Mercedes is wallowing in their worst period of quality ever. A management team that can't get control of it's own people.

Don't be so optimistic Dodge boy.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
DBK said:
I'm sure Schrempp knew it, which is why he's going to leave even earlier now. Similarly, Cordes must have known, which is why he tried to have his contract terminated.

If you think the P/E ratio is irrelevant, why bother quoting market cap? Explain that logic.

Ford and GM have no insider trading going, because as far as I know, they both have indefinite blackout periods going on.

Ford has $40 billion dollars in cash. The best car lineup it's ever had. The best financial services group in the world.

Chrysler has one car, the Jerome special, and a bunch of numbers hidden in fleets. Mercedes is wallowing in their worst period of quality ever. A management team that can't get control of it's own people.

Don't be so optimistic Dodge boy.

Doesn't Ford own a rental car company :??: But they don't inflate their sales numbers. I think half the F-150 and mustang sales are to Hertz Speaking of luxury car quality, Ford owns Jag and AM. They seem to be known for very expensive, but very unreliable cars. My mom had a '02 XJR and it was the biggest POS I have even seen.

Fords going to need that 40B in cash if they lose ~1B every quarter along with the most underfunded pension in the U.S. (~11.2B). Thats not going to last long. Without either companies financial wings, they couldn't stay in business for long.

I have to be optimistic, it wasn't that long ago that Chrysler was failing. Gotta ride the wave :rockon:

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Doesn't Ford own a rental car company :??: But they don't inflate their sales numbers. I think half the F-150 and mustang sales are to Hertz Speaking of luxury car quality, Ford owns Jag and AM. They seem to be known for very expensive, but very unreliable cars. My mom had a '02 XJR and it was the biggest POS I have even seen.

Fords going to need that 40B in cash if they lose ~1B every quarter along with the most underfunded pension in the U.S. (~11.2B). Thats not going to last long. Without either companies financial wings, they couldn't stay in business for long.

I have to be optimistic, it wasn't that long ago that Chrysler was failing. Gotta ride the wave :rockon:

Ford improved the balance sheet and cut down non-core business by offering an IPO for Hertz. Hertz was part of the financial services group, but is no longer.

I've had an 04 S-Type R and and 05 XJ8, never had a problem with either. Jaguar's quality far exceeds Mercedes at this point. They lose money because of an oppressive exchange rate and outdated capacity. Brown's Lane was closed in efforts to curb that. Plus, they spent hundreds of millions to update the XJ to the new aluminum body.

If Ford Credit can contribute 3-4 billion a year, who cares where the money comes from. They don't make money if the cars don't sell, and the car company doesn't make money if they don't finance them. So it's a symbiotic relationship. GMAC is another story because their money comes mainly from outside the car realm...

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
DBK said:
Ford improved the balance sheet and cut down non-core business by offering an IPO for Hertz. Hertz was part of the financial services group, but is no longer.

I've had an 04 S-Type R and and 05 XJ8, never had a problem with either. Jaguar's quality far exceeds Mercedes at this point. They lose money because of an oppressive exchange rate and outdated capacity. Brown's Lane was closed in efforts to curb that. Plus, they spent hundreds of millions to update the XJ to the new aluminum body.

If Ford Credit can contribute 3-4 billion a year, who cares where the money comes from. They don't make money if the cars don't sell, and the car company doesn't make money if they don't finance them. So it's a symbiotic relationship. GMAC is another story because their money comes mainly from outside the car realm...

IMO, which doesn't mean much, Ford should get rid of their premier auto group. With the exchange rate the way it is and the limited success of either brand over the past 20 years, I just don't see the reason for having them. They are never gong to compete with Benz/BMW.

Ford is in the business to make high volume, affordable cars, not low vol/high priced ones. And with their current financial situation it may allow them to focus more on their struggling domestic line. Anyway, my mom's XJR had countless "minor" problems from switches that would stop working, warning lights turning on all the time, to the PCM putting the car in limp mode.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Well, looks like I'm jumping in.

GTSpartan said:
Hey, Ford and GM might become a division of The Toyota Motor Company if they keep heading their current path.

Sherman Act would prevent Toyota from buying either.

GTSpartan said:
We all know how much a companies P/E ratio means...All I care about is shareholder value

From the way I read that post, it sounds like you were being sarcastic. I hope you were, because shareholder value is the P/E ratio.

GTSpartan said:
DC has a much higher stock value, better dividends, oh yeah it doesn't have a credit rating of "junk". It's market cap is 2.5x of Fords. I'm sure Ford/GM doesn't have any "insider" trading going on. Face it, the "sellout" is easily outperforming the "domestics".

I don't consider Chrysler a sellout. Think how good a ticker symbol it would be if someone (in theory) came along and bought Ford or GM and started including them in financial figures etc etc.

I don't want to speak for you, but I think/seems to me you're giving Chrysler extra credit in its equity/credit#'s without considering the other revenue sources contributing to DCX. I mean the things above Chrysler, not positions that Chrysler themselves owns or manages.

However, they are outselling the other 2 and July was a breakthrough month in sales for Chrysler. Wall Street hardly took notice.

DBK said:

I was thinking the same thing.

Last edited:

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
Ford GT msrp $165K, plus $20K profit gouge at least = $185K
C6 Vette Z06 msrp $65K plus $5K profit gouge = $70K

With $25K in mods and some lightening of the Vette do you think you could beat the GT? I think so. And I own two Mustangs!

The fair comparison is Ford GT vs. Ferrari F430. While the Ferrari is beautiful and desirable, I would buy the less expensive Ford GT! Modify the GT's pulley, exhaust and intake, to get the output to 650RWHP.

All great cars so how can you lose?

Last edited:

Formula51

Established Member
red03cobra said:

With $25K in mods and some lightening of the Vette do you think you could beat the GT? I think so. And I own two Mustangs!

The fair comparison is Ford GT vs. Ferrari F430. While the Ferrari is beautiful and desirable, I would buy the less expensive Ford GT! Modify the GT's pulley, exhaust and intake, to get the output to 650RWHP.

All great cars so how can you lose?

I dont really understand where you were going with the first part of your post, but I can tell you that you are not going to do any significant "lightening" of the Z06. Well, short of making more custon Carbon Fiber panels.

Ford GT vs. Ferrari 430 is a very nice comparison to read and it has been done. Why is a Corvette Z06 vs. Ford GT comparison not fair? They are both the best "supercars" GM and Ford have to offer!

It's the old Chevy vs. Ford, only in a realm of cars that many thought the two would never compete in!

American "supercars"! GET OUT OF TOWN! I love it and am so proud these two cars are/will be whooping up on the European counterparts.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
red03cobra said:

lmao, where have I seen this before?

The budget racer argument doesn't apply to these 2 cars. This ain't "my SRT4 @ cost + 12K mods owns your stock cobra dollar for dollar". People owning these 2 cars care less about mod cost/this vs that crap. I can present arguments for both cars trumping each other in mods or cost for mods. No one cares...

When its all said and done, you can dump any amount into mods on both cars. The Z will always have the lower MSRP. The rest is BS/opinions/debating angles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread