c6z vs 13 5.0

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
:dw:

It's EXACTLY a valid argument.

You clearly weren't in the market when the 2005 GT came out. They sold like hot cakes. People were paying OVER STICKER just to have one. The retro styling was all that. Now.....dime a dozen.

The 5.0 is the new kid on the block. If you truly believe that Ford will sit on their ass and do nothing for the next 6 years just to keep your resale value up, you are kidding yourself. In that amount of time there will be a new and even better GT that comes along to steal the thunder..and yes, you will see 5.0 GT's fall into the teens pricewise at that point, if not sooner depending on market saturation.

New Cobras have come along too technically (GT500) and have not hurt the values of the 03/04's. Why? Because it's a Cobra. Why do GT500's hold value? Because it's a Cobra. The higher the trim level on a vehicle, the more value it will retain. SURELY, you must be able to acknowledge that.

I'm beginning to think Ford screwed up with the Coyote block. Everyone sees it as the second coming just because they put some power into the GT finally and brought back the 5.0 nameplate. Now those of us who have been into Mustangs forever and a day have to listen to all the high school kids talk about how their GT is "teh fastestest Mustang evarrr...omgerzzzz!" :bored:

Shit is getting old, and we aren't even 5 years into the engine. Retarded. :fm:

Ok Mr. September 2011 join date.

1st of all- I've been out of college for 15 years.

2nd- The 05 had hype when then they were talking about being s/c 2V 4.6 as a base GT engine. Then they came out with the weak 300 HP 3V in much heavier car. At the time, I wasn't in the market to buy because I had a 1994 Lightning (among others)that would and did smoke those car. They didn't sell worth a shit around here sat on lots for months and months.

3rd- I'm not saying they'll never make anything better than the coyote. I hope they continue to make bigger and better.

4th- I couldn't care less about resale value, if you buy new and sell within 10 years you loose money regardless I don't care what it is. Though I don't think my car will be "worth" (relative term). 50-60% less than what I paid.

5th- you think ford screwed up the coyote block ?? That's a first. Tell me how MMR is making 2000 hp with them? In fact their last special was 2499 for internals rating the motor to 1500 HP. Sounds strong to me.

6th- I don't put a list in my signature because to me it seems flaunting.
I've had 14 mustangs. From 1965 coupe to 1967 fastback to SVO to bullitt to terminator to a coyote and tons in between. I grew up around GT40s and Pantera's my dad worked on in his machine/speed shop. I was learning to mill Cleveland heads when I was 12 years old, what the hell were you doing ? I bleed the bluest blood a Ford man can Bleed. I'm sure I'm not as big as a mustang guy as you, but I've had the pleasure of driving,racing, and owning. Some of the most badass cars in the history of the Company.

Last edited:

Riptide

Established Member
As a point of fact. The 3v cars sold better than the coyote. Fyi. But you probably already knew that. There really wasnt much in the new car segment at the time in that price range which was superior.

SinisterLS2

Established Member
]
(1)I had a passenger in the car.
(2)Young kid driving.
(3)He gave me a very dirty look.

(4)Knowing I should lose this race by a good margin, I pulled a cheater move and very slowly started rolling right before the light turned.

(5)I go wot immediately and this time by the time I'm into 3rd he's about 2-3 lengths behind me. We both had to slow down due to cars ahead of us.

(6)my mods are in my sig.

1. Who cares? Really? If you wanted a weight difference, you would have a Miata.

2. Doubt your story because there ARE no young kids driving vettes. I've had mine for a while now, and I can tell you EVERY Z06 or Grand Sport I've seen has had someone planning on pulling a pension.

3. OOOOOO.......scary......

4. Ok. So you jumped. 4-5 cars means he was behind you going "What a tool. Jumping the light, and I'm not wasting the gas to catch him."

5. Ok. So you jumped again. Is your real name Kobe Bryant? Magic Johnson? Why do you keep jumping? Oh, it's because you don't know how to REALLY race...or else you would have a GT500.

6. Sure. A 380ish 3800 pound car will take a 480ish 3180lb car. Even though the Z06 is 100 more on the power and 700 less on the weight. Why not? 5.0 is powered by Jesus juice. Runs on holy water blessed by the Pope himself. Even though Michael J. Fox could drive a Z06 and beat a 5.0 with just mufflers. A C6 Z06 bone stock with DOT approved tires can hit mid tens!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zv5RDzwS4g

STOP THE BS!!!!!!

At first, I didn't mind the 5.0 crap. I beat an SS. I beat a ZL1. Go ahead, cool. Love that. When you step in the ring with a Z06, that's bs. Especially when you are claiming your mufflered 5.0 is beating a low 11 second car by "4-5 lengths." A 5.0 with mufflers is a high 9 car then? ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Please. You guys need to stop this. It's out of hand.

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
1. Who cares? Really? If you wanted a weight difference, you would have a Miata.

2. Doubt your story because there ARE no young kids driving vettes. I've had mine for a while now, and I can tell you EVERY Z06 or Grand Sport I've seen has had someone planning on pulling a pension.

4. Ok. So you jumped. 4-5 cars means he was behind you going "What a tool. Jumping the light, and I'm not wasting the gas to catch him."

5. Ok. So you jumped again. Is your real name Kobe Bryant? Magic Johnson? Why do you keep jumping? Oh, it's because you don't know how to REALLY race...or else you would have a GT500.

6. Sure. A 380ish 3800 pound car will take a 480ish 3180lb car. Even though the Z06 is 100 more on the power and 700 less on the weight. Why not? 5.0 is powered by Jesus juice. Runs on holy water blessed by the Pope himself. Even though Michael J. Fox could drive a Z06 and beat a 5.0 with just mufflers.

At first, I didn't mind the 5.0 crap. I beat an SS. I beat a ZL1. Go ahead, cool. Love that. When you step in the ring with a Z06, that's bs. Especially when you are claiming your mufflered 5.0 is beating a low 11 second car by "4-5 lengths." A 5.0 with mufflers is a high 8 car then? ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Please. You guys need to stop this. It's out of hand.

:lol: holy ****ing hell, does reading comprehension just escape you? When you read stories what exactly do you get out of things? Try maybe re reading this story without your ruler next to your penis and you will see that this is merely just an account of events. No one said the 5.0 is faster than z06. No one! Lol infact if you can directly quote and not JUST OUT OF CONTEXT. Not one single coyote owner in this thread believes we are direct competition for z's. it's like your offended for even being mention in the same story with 5.0, get over your perceived car royalty status lol! If any one is comical or getting out of hand it's the 5.0 hate crowd. I was gonna post my SS kill story from last night and mention how I saw a zr1, lol but had I'd post that it would have turned into ohhh 5.0 can take zr1s now! Lol WTF these estrogen rants ftw

Butcher98

Established Member

6. Sure. A 380ish 3800 pound car will take a 480ish 3180lb car. Even though the Z06 is 100 more on the power and 700 less on the weight. Why not? 5.0 is powered by Jesus juice. Runs on holy water blessed by the Pope himself. Even though Michael J. Fox could drive a Z06 and beat a 5.0 with just mufflers. A C6 Z06 bone stock with DOT approved tires can hit mid tens!!! Ranger C6 Z06 10.74 Bone-Stock on DRs (Drag Radials) - YouTube

STOP THE BS!!!!!!

At first, I didn't mind the 5.0 crap. I beat an SS. I beat a ZL1. Go ahead, cool. Love that. When you step in the ring with a Z06, that's bs. Especially when you are claiming your mufflered 5.0 is beating a low 11 second car by "4-5 lengths." A 5.0 with mufflers is a high 9 car then? ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Please. You guys need to stop this. It's out of hand.

Dude, are you serious? I doubt that most people would argue that the C6 Z06 isn't a better car than the 5.0. However, the drivers of both cars in a race need to be factored in. You are using the best runs on a Corvette forum as your example. Those runs are the EXCEPTION, not the rule. Only 9 people have run quicker than 11.00 with just a set of tires. So those times aren't exactly common with those cars. I've seen plenty of C6 Z06s that couldn't run quicker than 13.00 at the track. Just because someone has the financial ability to buy a C6 Z06, that doesn't mean that they also have the ability to drive the car to its potential.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Dude, are you serious? I doubt that most people would argue that the C6 Z06 isn't a better car than the 5.0. However, the drivers of both cars in a race need to be factored in. You are using the best runs on a Corvette forum as your example. Those runs are the EXCEPTION, not the rule. Only 9 people have run quicker than 11.00 with just a set of tires. So those times aren't exactly common with those cars. I've seen plenty of C6 Z06s that couldn't run quicker than 13.00 at the track. Just because someone has the financial ability to buy a C6 Z06, that doesn't mean that they also have the ability to drive the car to its potential.

This.

Yet some still assert that every 5.0 runs 11s with 3 mods. Lol.

stangfreak

Established Member
Just two? come on don't lie. Just with slicks the 5.0 run's high 10's. Now add a mail order tune, cheap filter from auto barn, exhaust, shit..........your looking at a high 8 second car. stock motor, stock transmission, full weight, you name it. At sea level it should go 7's.

Kewlv8

Established Member
Just two? come on don't lie. Just with slicks the 5.0 run's high 10's. Now add a mail order tune, cheap filter from auto barn, exhaust, shit..........your looking at a high 8 second car. stock motor, stock transmission, full weight, you name it. At sea level it should go 7's.

ZOMFG.... Tell me more.........

l-Thumb-Sucking-Monkey-May-Need-Braces.jpg

stangfreak

Established Member
That is adorable. This isn't the pic and vid section or the thread where they are posting up pics of there gf/wives. Not sure why you posted up a picture of your gf and or wife?

Poppacapp

Established Member
As a point of fact. The 3v cars sold better than the coyote. Fyi. But you probably already knew that. There really wasnt much in the new car segment at the time in that price range which was superior.

They may have sold good... but honestly, the 3v cars are a huge disappointment.
My 09' IS350 didn't have any issue with beating them, stock, or with boltons(exhaust etc). I'm sure you "can" get some good power out of them with FI or NOS though. I think the 5.0 Coyote was the GT's saving grace, rescuing the Mustang from "slowdom".

Devil_Z

Established Member
Not really. I'm 25 with my second z. My buddy is 34 with his and i know a few other guys in their low 30s with them.

Riptide

Established Member
They may have sold good... but honestly, the 3v cars are a huge disappointment.
Disappointment to you sure. Obviously they can't have been that bad considering the sales figures. People liked them and still do. They compare well to other cars in that same market segment at the time.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Disappointment to you sure. Obviously they can't have been that bad considering the sales figures. People liked them and still do. They compare well to other cars in that same market segment at the time.

Well.. I didn't mean to make it sound as if they were total turds. Alot of people bought them for the nostalgic look. Not really for the overall performance.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Well.. I didn't mean to make it sound as if they were total turds. Alot of people bought them for the nostalgic look. Not really for the overall performance.

A 300 N/A HP and 320 Tq car in 2004 was decent. They woke up with a few mods.

Nothing amazing but nothing to sleep on either....

If you are easily beating them with a stock/near stock IS350 than the 3V's need a driver mod

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
A 300 N/A HP and 320 Tq car in 2004 was decent. They woke up with a few mods.

Nothing amazing but nothing to sleep on either....

If you are easily beating them with a stock/near stock IS350 than the 3V's need a driver mod

Every one I raced and beat? Seems unlikely. the 2005- 3v's are mid-high 13 sec cars. My IS was a low 13 sec car and ran 8.4's in the 1/8th mile with Intake, and exhaust. Not really anything else you can do to an IS because the ECU is locked tight. I raced quite a few 2005- GT's.

BTW.. raced dig and rolls... pulled them a few cars by 100mph everytime.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Every one I raced and beat? Seems unlikely. the 2005- 3v's are mid-high 13 sec cars. My IS was a low 13 sec car and ran 8.4's in the 1/8th mile with Intake, and exhaust. Not really anything else you can do to an IS because the ECU is locked tight. I raced quite a few 2005- GT's.

BTW.. raced dig and rolls... pulled them a few cars by 100mph everytime.

They are mid 13 sec cars that can be low 13 sec with CAI, tune, and UD pulleys

I don't doubt you won but I still think it is a driver's race with a modded 05-09 GT

Riptide

Established Member
People have ran high 12s with intake/tune only. Stock tires. Not average results of course.

Poppacapp

Established Member
They are mid 13 sec cars that can be low 13 sec with CAI, tune, and UD pulleys

I don't doubt you won but I still think it is a driver's race with a modded 05-09 GT

Well, to be honest... there was no driving required with the IS... push the pedal and it goes. It actually was a surprising car to a few cars out there. But I get your point.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Auto's we're high 13's on a good day saw alot of 14.00+ Manuals we're mostly 13.70ish cars if you could drive em. Don't get me wrong they weren't "slow", they were just slow compared to what ford had already been doing.

390 HP Terminators 320 HP mach 1's Even as far back as 1996 Cobra's had 305 HP, Mark VIII's, Marauders, Aviators, Navigators all 4V high HP vehicles. People were ready for some more HP to be paired with at the time awesome styling, and when the cars were first mentioned and for months after Ford told us all GT's would be Supercharged. Sure some people were so in love with the new Retro look they bought them. Left a sour taste in my mouth for many years. Which is why it took me ~9 years to buy a new mustang again.

Users who are viewing this thread