C6Z06 (568whp) vs 2013 Shelby GT500 (730whp)

j81234

Established Member
Had a chance to run a new Shelby last night. Here is the run down on the cars. We only were able to get one run, from the man on the side of the road with a lazer gun.

Race 55mph-155mph

C6Z06 (568whp) - Heads/Cam/Headers/X-pipe/Ported intake and throttle body/Tune
Shelby (730whp) - Pulley/Headers/X-pipe/Throttle Body/3.73 gears/DR's/Tune

Shelby got on the gas a little sooner, better reaction than me :rockon:. He was able to hold me off until about 130mph, than the vette just jogged by him up to 155mph or so. We will try a lower roll in the future when I have the DR's slapped on the car. Once he put the car into fifth is was lights out for him. We vboxed both cars and they were within inches of each other from 60-130mph. From 130-155mph the vette pulled out 24 feet on the Shelby. Fun race for sure and the Shelby is fast, but the gearing he has hurt him up top.

2013 shelby vs C6Z06 - YouTube

TTlambo

Established Member
Yes, the cars are very equal till 5th. Next time we need to hit the quarter mile and it's on! :)
Plus, I must add that we never had a set MPH to hit, it was a one hit run with no rules. We will see this match up again buddy! haha

skatermckimm

4.6 ohc
Established Member
TTlambo, do you live in winterpark area?? im a mailman there and i see the shelby all the time, damn it sounds like a beast!!!!

j81234

Established Member
Yes, the cars are very equal till 5th. Next time we need to hit the quarter mile and it's on! :)
Plus, I must add that we never had a set MPH to hit, it was a one hit run with no rules. We will see this match up again buddy! haha

For sure, we will get a 1/4 mile in for fun. Maybe a lower 40mph roll also. I think that would be a better test of the cars, since your gearing hurts you up top. Next time hit the brakes at 130mph and click on the flashers...lol

Kazsak

Established Member
Nice video, looks like Corvette thought it was racing to 155 mph and GT500 130 mph. If that was the case, both WON their race.

TheHitman™

Established Member
For sure, we will get a 1/4 mile in for fun. Maybe a lower 40mph roll also. I think that would be a better test of the cars, since your gearing hurts you up top. Next time hit the brakes at 130mph and click on the flashers...lol

Just set a start and shut down, like we did when we raced. It keeps everything simple.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
That Z rolled out!

I wonder how the Shelby would have done up top if it were stock geared.

RussZTT

Established Member
Interesting...

Friend of mine has a 07 Z06 with the same setup putting down 569rwhp.

My car is a 03 Cobra putting down 700rwhp. We go till about 150mph and with me shifting VERY slow into 4th (so bad he made fun of me when we slowed down) I put a few cars on him. In 3rd I put a few on him, he reaches my back bumper going into 4th and I start pulling away again barely. I'm stock weight.

Kazsak

Established Member
I think 03 cobra is alot faster than 2013 Shelby at same power. This particular corvette will get to 160 mph faster than the 730 whp Shelby with stock gears.

1/4 mi drag run at drag strip, I would go with Shelby. 1/4 mi street race, a toss up that I wouldn't bet on. Whoever get ahead wins.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread