C7 Zr1 splitter breaks at 160 mph...

scott_0

Established Member
unless you have a great relationship with the dealership, you having a video of it breaking will do nothing to prove it happened out of the blue, they’ll contend that there was prior damage from you hitting something, not on video. I mean, I’d surely try, but don’t see it getting fixed on their dime, unless of course this is a common issue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArabianOak

Established Member
Bottom line is it’s happened to others and I’ll raise hell if they deny it. Considering it’s their flagship sports car I would think they will not only repair it but offer a free oil change or something as well.

It’s an embarrassment to the model to allow something like this to happen. It doesn’t surprise me though.

blk02edge

Established Member
My original opinion has changed with the knowledge of it not being all there. I'm now 50/50 on the chances. Curious to find how how this goes

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
It’s a ‘19, I’m sure still under factory warranty. Why would it be late?
It should have been inspected and it should have been caught BEFORE he purchased it. This is why people pay for inspections to catch things like this. What factory warranty covers a damaged splitter on a used car? If it was a 0 mile new car, sure. This is a used car though.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
It should have been inspected and it should have been caught BEFORE he purchased it. This is why people pay for inspections to catch things like this. What factory warranty covers a damaged splitter on a used car? If it was a 0 mile new car, sure. This is a used car though.

You can’t be serious. How is one to know it wasn’t as designed without a blueprint of the car. If it was to be installed by the dealer after delivery, was missed and then sold, it in no way absolves GM, or the dealer as their representative. Even if the dealer balks, GM will make this right I’m willing to bet and force their hand. Besides that, the dealer (if original) is not going to want corporate to be involved if at all possible. A mistake that wasn’t caught is all this is and should be rectified.

ArabianOak

Established Member
You can’t be serious. How is one to know it wasn’t as designed without a blueprint of the car. If it was to be installed by the dealer after delivery, was missed and then sold, it in no way absolves GM, or the dealer as their representative. Even if the dealer balks, GM will make this right I’m willing to bet and force their hand. Besides that, the dealer (if original) is not going to want corporate to be involved if at all possible. A mistake that wasn’t caught is all this is and should be rectified.

not only this but second owners have had this happen on their c7zr1 and it was not only covered but other things were offered to make it right. (Just had an owner pm me that the dealer gave him 3 free oil changes).

I’ve had things like thus happen to me on brand new motorcycles. My last triumph had the mirrors installed on the wrong sides and clamps with arrows pointing up Printed on them that were pointing down.

dealers are hiring 18 year old YouTube mechanics to work on 130k cars and 30k bikes but have problem charging customers 150 an hour labor.

ArabianOak

Established Member
At dealer now. Looking good other than the splitter being on backorder! I’m having them remove the front splitter and will drive car without it until mine arrives. Dealer said it’s fine that way...any thoughts on that?

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
At dealer now. Looking good other than the splitter being on backorder! I’m having them remove the front splitter and will drive car without it until mine arrives. Dealer said it’s fine that way...any thoughts on that?

I don’t honestly know but how is it attached to fascia/body? It’s obviously already missing the center support. If there’s a chance it could torque another panel front being split and lack of bracing, I’d take it off imho. If it’s rigidly attached to the frame via the struts then it’s probably ok for now.

Users who are viewing this thread