C7 Zr1 splitter breaks at 160 mph...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
i'm talking about the front splitter, not the rear wing.
LOL! When I read Brett's post I was like....
upload_2020-9-1_8-37-9.png

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My Mac had full exhaust and custom tune...Most guys with those mods are running high 9's low 10's...I think the stock zr1 record is [email protected] it would be close. The Mac felt really fast at all speeds and never seemed to lose acceleration above 130mph. Here a few videos of my cars to compare...

and my HCI C7Z06...

Both the C7ZR1 and McLaren are beasts. Pick your poison on this one.

Last edited:

ArabianOak

Established Member
Update...my case was given to the GM executive team who investigated the original selling dealership...(summit city Chevy in Fort Wayne Indiana) told my gm rep they did install it and since Im the third owner there is no way to tell if I got into an accident or took it off.

typical dealer response. But also typical of a dealer is not covering their asses when they do lie. So I went over to their Facebook page and found the post of the day they sold my car. Would you look at that??? No bracket installed on the showroom pics!!!

not the smartest group of criminals but thats ok! Now I forwarded my evidence to gm along with evidence from the original owner that they were not installed.

I really wish I could bill them for my time as well!!!

Still waiting on my splitter too...crazy it's this difficult to get parts on a practically brand new car!

913322f8_3138_49f3_a519_3b265b5a0529_c8ff2db903e4ad36e47db483214f87459707bcfe.jpg

2985429a_1d56_48c7_8a24_e7db20e48b0e_8bde88cdd364d0f0f6b93117d6ac1611a3ebfe5c.jpg

ArabianOak

Established Member
splitter arrived today...dealer installed...charged me an hour labor, 135 bucks...still waiting to hear from gm. Best part was the service writer checking the tire tread on my cup 2 tires. He measure them from the outside of the tire. "sir, your tires are BALD!" I then told him he needs to measure from the inside of the tire...once he did that realized they were practically new.

boy oh boy!

MG0h3

Established Member
splitter arrived today...dealer installed...charged me an hour labor, 135 bucks...still waiting to hear from gm. Best part was the service writer checking the tire tread on my cup 2 tires. He measure them from the outside of the tire. "sir, your tires are BALD!" I then told him he needs to measure from the inside of the tire...once he did that realized they were practically new.

boy oh boy!

If they didn’t charge you for the splitter, it was warrantied. Labor is warrantied also. Dealer tags GM for it. Dealers don’t like it because it pays less but that’s their problem.

Are they saying you removed the center strut or something? They must have some comment on that.

“BLM is doing God’s work”
2KblackGT

svtperformance.com mobile app

Jroc

Established Member
Big difference with the 2.3L twin screw S/C over that anemic 1.9L that the Z06 has. Never understood why GM thought that was a great idea as they used a 2.3L in the C6 ZR-1 and it had 638 HP and yet they down grade the S/C for the 650 HP C7 Z06

This.

I'm not a fan of the LT4 for this very reason. For them to play in the same arena as Ford and Dodges SC'ed V8's you have to invest in an aftermarket blower. Really the C7 kind of butt F'ed the GEN6 Camaro in the manifold department just to clear a hood.

OP GM should replace this if the car is warrantied still even if you were doing 200+ MPH. GM brags that they warranty their RR focused models (SLE, ZLE, GS, Z06, ZR1, maybe even a base ZL1) even if you're tracking the car when it breaks. Let's say you're RR'ing a SS 1LE and a POS AFM lifter fails which takes out the motor. If the car's stock and still under warranty then they will (or at least they're supposed to) replace the motor as the car was specifically designed to be a tracked car. At the same time if you take a regular SS or LT1 and RR it, and a lifter fails while RR'ing, GM may deny the claim as those models weren't design to be their track models even though a LT1 is a LT1 regardless of whether it's in a base Camaro LT1 or SS or a C7 GS.

Users who are viewing this thread