c8 by lmr

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I doubt I’ll do anything near that when I get mine. Way to make a decent all around sports car into a one trick pony….

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Kudos to Fuel Tech for overcoming the factory ECM re-tuning issue. I'm not a big fan of a piggyback setup (had one on one of my past cars), but they did make it work well.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Yeah, but to fit drag wheels the reduced the rear brake size. Probably couldn’t road race it like that. Street driving sure….
Who cares ? I would imagine if they took it road racing , they also have a set up for that too. They picked up like what 35 mph in the quarter vs stock ?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Can’t believe that platform still cannot be tuned.

What a fail.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

dan1982

Established Member
Can’t believe that platform still cannot be tuned.

What a fail.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
calloway has the keys to the castle AND ya keep the bumper toi bumper warranty. ECU tuning FINALLY

dan1982

Established Member
Yeah, warranty be damned. For $20K, I'll bolt on a blower myself. Sure, that doesn't answer the tuning question, but someone will crack the ECU well before I have the car anyway.....
gooooood luck bro... Gm is fighting tuning companies HARD on this... trifecta claims they cracked it... but for some reason arent doing anythiung with it... probably getting sued. Spending almost 90K on the car.... who gives a fuk at this point anyway.. i got 8K left and ill throw 13000 on the credit card... 13000 is.......about 24....( 8 hour overtime shifts) .i can work that off in one crazy month.... maybe 2. easy. lol....... i hope the OT doesnt dry up thouigh. they will be reposessing it.

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't overthink waiting for a bit. That much dough is no small matter. You could still do exhaust and other stuff until a reliable, kit is offered with DIY-level effort and a flash tune.

dan1982

Established Member
Don't overthink waiting for a bit. That much dough is no small matter. You could still do exhaust and other stuff until a reliable, kit is offered with DIY-level effort and a flash tune.
yeah... but having calloway build it and keep the factory warranty is important to me... im keeping the car for 6 years. i just wanna be able to keep pace with cars yet to be released and have the calloway name plastered on the bumper. Ill drive this car everyday unless its snowing or the roads are complete shit.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
yeah... but having calloway build it and keep the factory warranty is important to me... im keeping the car for 6 years. i just wanna be able to keep pace with cars yet to be released and have the calloway name plastered on the bumper. Ill drive this car everyday unless its snowing or the roads are complete shit.
Ok, but I wouldn't want to be the first customer, or be too far away from the installer....

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
gooooood luck bro... Gm is fighting tuning companies HARD on this... trifecta claims they cracked it... but for some reason arent doing anythiung with it... probably getting sued. Spending almost 90K on the car.... who gives a fuk at this point anyway.. i got 8K left and ill throw 13000 on the credit card... 13000 is.......about 24....( 8 hour overtime shifts) .i can work that off in one crazy month.... maybe 2. easy. lol....... i hope the OT doesnt dry up thouigh. they will be reposessing it.

lol, come on dude

Users who are viewing this thread