C8 Corvette making potential GT500 buyers rethink their options

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
3LT or bust. I’m joking of course. My son wants me to get the convertible in Zeus Bronze. I’ll be waiting for a late production car or maybe even a 2021 to make sure the bugs are sorted out. Still not even sure I want a mid engine car to be honest.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
i get what he’s saying is that there is probably no such a thing. More than likely there has to be a catch to it. Thats my guess.

maybe @13COBRA can chime in? Have you ever seen a pure no option car before? Is this even possible?

It's possible, but doesn't typically happen...ever.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
According to Ford Customer Service, a 2011 MY ordered was a black base coupe, no option, stripe delete car.
My 2011 was a base coupe ( 1 ) option car.
My 2014 was a base coupe ( 2 ) option car..............both were ordered..

lilcoop03

Established Member
I remember when I sold new cars we had a bare bones model on the showroom floor. No a/c, manual windows, manual trans it may have not even had a radio..lol But it was $9,000 and purely there for bait and switch. Someone did actually end up buying it though!

SVTStampede

Established Member
As of right now there are people ordering 2020 1LT vettes at MSRP with no markup. There are plenty of dealers with allocations left. You can refer to the list on corvetteforum for which dealers to contact.

So yes, the C8 is legitimately a 59-60k car.

It's not like it's a Mustang base either, the C8 still has leather, Bose stereo, DCT, etc in the "base" model.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
They’ll be everywhere here with grayed hair old ****s driving them, oh wait...

Just don’t forget to pull your balls over the door sill before you close it gramps, it’d hurt like hell and no one wants to see that hanging off the side going down the road.:D

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
So yes, the C8 is legitimately a 59-60k car.

It's not like it's a Mustang base either, the C8 still has leather, Bose stereo, DCT, etc in the "base" model.
Very true and you can option it out. Vette going mid engine distanced itself from the mustang even more. Its an apples to orange comparison. But this GT500 is a damn shame being that ****ing heavy. Oh well, at least we have the s650 to look forward to.
Sucks that the camaro is going to be dead, we need competition for these cars and CHOICES.

What ever the c8z is, its going to be phenomenal. I would order a 3LZ, front end lift kit, carbon roof, carbon brakes and PDR. Maybe one day a mustang will get carbon brakes. LOL

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I'm getting one in a couple years and I'm going straight up old Vette guy with it. Optioned out, museum delivery, picking it up wearing some jorts, socks pulled high and Vette shirt and hat on. **** yeah.

Don’t forget the new balance sneakers...
I’m still wearing Nike’s but my balls have sagged another 4 inches since I bought mine.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I’m still wearing Nike’s but my balls have sagged another 4 inches since I bought mine.

I’m an ASICS man myself. The ball sag is for real, mine at least hung 4-6 inches lower when I had my Z06...They’ve returned to standard drop since getting back into a mustang.

I love Corvette’s, there isn’t a better value out there for a sports car with some serious power that a regular working joe can afford.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
All I wear bro. Seriously. I have big ass feet (14 EEE) and Nike and most other shoes are too narrow and give me neuromas.

86373b01dca326a272f8308a4163d15f.jpg

^ That’s how I feel about Nike ^ Since the Kraperdick move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Don’t forget the new balance sneakers...
All I wear bro. Seriously.
I LOVE New Balance sneakers! SRS
I have 3 pairs. One for work, one for the gym and one for doing yardwork. The pair for the gym and the pair for the yardwork are just retired from work duties.
The pair I have for work are kinda old manish, but they are very comfortable and they cost me big money. I don't wear them anywhere, but to work.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
All I wear bro. Seriously. I have big ass feet (14 EEE) and Nike and most other shoes are too narrow and give me neuromas.

I have to do E width as well...gets hard to find shoes, lol...Nike is definitely a no go for me, the one shoe they had in their lineup that was comfortable for me width wise, well they quit carrying years ago. You can usually go up a halfsize and the width will be comfortable, but that will vary from mfr to mfr...

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I'm getting one in a couple years and I'm going straight up old Vette guy with it. Optioned out, museum delivery, picking it up wearing some jorts, socks pulled high and Vette shirt and hat on. **** yeah.

#metoo, except I am putting this on the back window.
2597033_0.jpg

My brother. Nikes stopped fitting me years ago.

The clean pair though, can't embarrass yourself in front of the sales guy if you accidentally show up with your grass stained, mowing-only new balances.

I will be rocking my Wrangler relaxed fit shorts & New Balance sneaks so the salesman knows I'm legit.

Users who are viewing this thread