C8 Performance stats leaked?

Z06

Established Member
Please take with a grain of salt... but this seems legit to me. What are your thoughts?
C8.jpg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Doesn’t have a high mph due to the low HP, which was expected.

Curb weight at 3,535 is crazy low for today’s standards.

Car is all hook and book at the 1/4, tho. Impressive E.T. GM definitely pumped a superior chassis. Car will be BONKERS once a bit more power is introduced.

Not bad, not bad at all.

37900128.jpg

Z06

Established Member
Doesn’t have a high mph due to the low HP, which was expected.

Curb weight at 3,535 is crazy low for today’s standards.

Car is all hook and book at the 1/4, tho. Impressive E.T. GM definitely pumped a superior chassis. Car will be BONKERS once a bit more power is introduced.

Not bad, not bad at all.
That's what I thought too about the weight. C&D assumed it was 3600+, it gives some room for the Z to not be too porky. She's gonna weigh more for sure but lets hope its not more than a C7 ZR1.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
If performance is even close to what this shows (0-60 in 3 seconds flat!) it will be a huge hit.
Bolt ons and a tire away from a 10 second car.
Awesome.

Rare40th

Established Member
No offense taken here. Just a sign of times that cool things are happening in the automobile industry. Numbers look pretty darn good and like Diablo Mike said, just a few mods and it's easily into 10's

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
The weight distribution looks way off. That would be more accurate for rear engine cars, not mid engines. 45/55 would have been somewhat believable, but not 40/60 on a design aspect that is normally used to achieve 50/50 weight distribution.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
The weight distribution looks way off. That would be more accurate for rear engine cars, not mid engines. 45/55 would have been somewhat believable, but not 40/60 on a design aspect that is normally used to achieve 50/50 weight distribution.
You sure about that?
Ferrari 488:
Weight distribution 41.5% Front – 58.5% Rear

Mclaren 650 and 675:
42.5%/57.5% 42.5%/57.5%

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
mmm, I suppose it could be a simple typo but 3.0 to 60mph and 2.9 to 62.xmph (100kph) jumps out at me

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
You sure about that?
Ferrari 488:

Mclaren 650 and 675:
42.5%/57.5% 42.5%/57.5%

With that though, you would think Chevrolet would benchmark against those vehicles that it will compete with. Why would they sell a less than stellar example when they have all the development time in the world to make it better.

Im not saying your wrong, im saying that GM screwed the pooch knowing those cars are already out and they have the jump to make their car better in every aspect.

Z06

Established Member
With that though, you would think Chevrolet would benchmark against those vehicles that it will compete with. Why would they sell a less than stellar example when they have all the development time in the world to make it better.

Im not saying your wrong, im saying that GM screwed the pooch knowing those cars are already out and they have the jump to make their car better in every aspect.

I would say for the base car, they did a damn good job. Only time will tell how the C8's stack up against these other cars with starting price 2-3x's the cost of the C8. The C8 Z's will be a better match for the higher end Mclaren's, Ferrari's & Lambo's.

blk02edge

Established Member

I wouldnt get hung up on weight distribution, 50/50 being perfect isnt always reality. The best track car in the world by a country mile has a totally retarded distribution and it clearly works. (911)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I think that's 3.0 for the base, and 2.9 for the Z51.

that doesn't make any sense - go look at that column in the original post - its split because we do 0 - 60mph while the rest of the world does 0 - 100 kph which is over 62mph so they can't give the same time. Also the stats w/ base vs z51 are labeled as such. It's either legit with a typo or just more bullshit like the GT500 specs that kept "leaking"

Coiled03

Established Member
I wouldnt get hung up on weight distribution, 50/50 being perfect isnt always reality. The best track car in the world by a country mile has a totally retarded distribution and it clearly works. (911)

It only took them 60 years to tweak the suspension enough to get it that way.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor

Are you saying that you think the extra 1.5% of rear weight bias vs the 488 was GM screwing the pooch?
Do you automatically assume it will be worse off than a 488 due to this discrepancy?
None of the mid engined cars are even close to 50/50 that I can find, so I am, trying to follow your logic here...

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
You sure about that?
Ferrari 488:

Mclaren 650 and 675:
42.5%/57.5% 42.5%/57.5%
You realize you just made my point?

How hard did you search to "prove me wrong" only to find numbers that don't show any mid-engine sports car with a 40/60 weight distribution.

41.5 <> 40, especially when dealing with the handling of sports cars.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
You realize you just made my point?

How hard did you search to "prove me wrong" only to find numbers that don't show any mid-engine sports car with a 40/60 weight distribution.

41.5 <> 40, especially when dealing with the handling of sports cars.
lol, I was not here to prove anything, just asking.
I spent about 3.5 seconds searching, google is my friend.
I could probably look a little harder and find something that's closer than 1.5% to make you happy though :)

Just to be clear, you also stated that this design (mid engine I assume) "is normally used to achieve 50/50 weight distribution", yet no midengine cars I could find in my hard search were 50/50, so, what was the point you were making, that I proved? LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread