C8Z06 unveiled today

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
Edit:

Garbage looks. Anything beyond that is irrelevant at that point. Similar to the Plaid.

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Me too, and that pick up truck money anymore.

I thought the GT500 was an outlier. I guess I'm out of touch I don't buy new vehicles often cause depreciation sucks. But damn, just looked up new vehicle costs and wow.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Ford could have gotten more HP out of the 5.2 but would cost a lot more. C8 Z06 price levels vs GT350 are quite different.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
How was the leg room in the c8?
leg room was ok. I'm 6'1 so a lot of cars aren't roomy for me but overall I wasn't feeling it. The guy who's car it was didn't like it either and actually ended up selling it a few weeks later.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
They are 20min sessions but they are absolutely not running flat out for 20min. Tesla's absolutely do not hold up to that yet.

That might be true. All I know is that the Teslas in Gridlife are always in contention for a podium in every event, even if they aren't able to run full sessions.

And I don't know this because I'm rooting for them: It's because I'm actually rooting for other cars I follow in that series and those Teslas irritate me for always being in contention.

blk02edge

Established Member
That might be true. All I know is that the Teslas in Gridlife are always in contention for a podium in every event, even if they aren't able to run full sessions.
No cars, even gas run full out at length in those events. All about having tires and temps at the peak and give it one best shot, if you don't get a good lap by your second attempt you are pretty much done. Jackie Ding is also a better driver than literally everyone he competes against

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For anyone interested, Amazon Prime has a 25 minute C8 Z06 introduction video which is pretty good. I learned a few things about this new Z06.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
leg room was ok. I'm 6'1 so a lot of cars aren't roomy for me but overall I wasn't feeling it. The guy who's car it was didn't like it either and actually ended up selling it a few weeks later.
I have sat in a C8. I am 6'4" with a 36" inseam. The car is not something I would want to sit in for a extended time.
I fit just fine in a C6 Z06 and could sit in one for hours.
Obviously I am not "normal"
My wife tells me this all of the time.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
It's also old, with a shit interior, no warranty, and if you're trying to buy one now, someone else's previous problems.

Adjusted for inflation MSRP on a 2009 Z06 today would be 102,000

I could be mistaken but sticker on my 2009 c6z 3lz was $98k. This one is a steal compared to the c6z.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Is it too late for an svtp member to join in arguing with walls?

brick-tamland-anchorman-loud-noises-gif.gif

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I am sure the C8 Z06 will be faster than the Plaid when they are done with their Nürburgring testing but it will be slower in a 1/4 mile drag race.

The Z06 Didn’t Get A Clean Lap Around The Green Hell, Thanks To Tesla And BMW Crashes.

7.35 is the plaid time and even that is suspect since limp mode is typically never more than 5 minutes away. The c8z will make mincemeat of your EV on a track.

blk02edge

Established Member
7.35 is the plaid time and even that is suspect since limp mode is typically never more than 5 minutes away. The c8z will make mincemeat of your EV on a track.
I suspect Tesla allows the media lap cars to simply overheat well beyond the production cars as they can be throw away. The time will come that EV sadly takes over but for track focused vehicles, that day has not come yet and there are still some monumental hurdles to overcome.

blk02edge

Established Member
Is it too late for an svtp member to join in arguing with walls?

brick-tamland-anchorman-loud-noises-gif.gif

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.
If your name is Kyle and you hate drywall you'll for right in with us. Now talk shit to Zyborg. He's good too, he likes anti Chevy sentiment.

MG0h3

Established Member
I’d pick the C6Z purely based on looks.

Can’t get into the C8 looks.

Bunch of them running around here now and one dude put some sort of graphics across the door, running all the way back to the rear quarter. Ugh. Looks horrible and super cheesy.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I suspect Tesla allows the media lap cars to simply overheat well beyond the production cars as they can be throw away. The time will come that EV sadly takes over but for track focused vehicles, that day has not come yet and there are still some monumental hurdles to overcome.
I personally don't want a track car that weighs 1.5x a Mercedes S-Class

Users who are viewing this thread