CAI...anyone have any opinions on this?

Sonic03svt

Established Member
MAC CAI

I'm looking for a cold air kit, but I'm not sure which one I want to go with. I like K&N stuff, but I don't like the look of the FIPK kit that is available. Has anyone used this one by MAC, or have any opinions on it? Any help would be appreciated.:thumbsup:

Thanks!

Jason

golfprowanabe

Established Member
Originally posted by Sonic03svt
MAC CAI

I'm looking for a cold air kit, but I'm not sure which one I want to go with. I like K&N stuff, but I don't like the look of the FIPK kit that is available. Has anyone used this one by MAC, or have any opinions on it? Any help would be appreciated.:thumbsup:

Thanks!

Jason

I'll sell you a 2week used Mac CAI for $50 shipped!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have the Steeda unit but if I were shopping around right now it would be the JLT hands down. Sweet looking and seems to do its job VERY well!

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
I have the Steeda unit but if I were shopping around right now it would be the JLT hands down. Sweet looking and seems to do its job VERY well!

Let me know if you decide to start shopping around because I am thinking about replacing my DC with the Steeda unit.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by Sonic03svt
Where does the MAF mount on a JLT set-up? Also, would it help to also increase the MAF size to a 95mm?

In the fenderwell before the bend. The stock MAF will handle 600rwhp in most cases, depending on your tuner!

roadwarrior60

Established Member
J L T all the way !!!!!!
just got mine a couple of days ago and i love it. i have also had the mac kit and didnt like it. replaced it with the jlt and am now happy. :rolling: difference in the sotp dyno between the two was amazing. jlt wins hands down! besides mac has a lot of money, support the little guy you wont be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread