Cal-Van spark plug thread repair kit

2002BlacknBlue

Established Member
Cal-Van spark plug thread repair kit - SOLD

Cal-Van tools 38900 thread repair kit. I used one of the inserts. A real breeze to use. There's a dvd that comes with it. It comes with an air fitting to verify the valves are closed and then you put a guide into the opening and run the drill down, then the tap and put the insert in. Super easy and quick. Why it come with only 6 inserts I don't understand but there are 5 left now. extras can be bought. I'm asking $175 plus shipping. Here's a web page with some more info.

CalVan Tools 38900 Ford Spark Plug Insert Installer

Last edited:

FYCDRGR

Established Member
Have a 99 I'm rebuilding and plan on putting inserts in all 8 holes while the heads are off the engine to avoid spark plug blow out. Do the inserts increase the number of threads that hold the plug in or is there still only 3 threads?

2002BlacknBlue

Established Member
Thanks for asking. The inserts make each plug hole 8 threads. There is no chance of a blowout after these are installed. You use an air ratchet and it probably would take 5 minutes per hole at the most with the heads off. You end up with steel threads (8). There is a guide that you put in the hole, it only fits one way, run the drill in, run the tap in and then install the insert with high temp loc-tite. You wouldn't have any doubt after you install these. Let me know if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread