Cali Not Driving Out Business Fast Enough, Seeks To Improve

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
California, backed by Abigail Disney, wants to tax companies for executive pay ratio

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California is considering raising taxes on some of the country's largest companies, but the size of the tax increase would depend on how much its highest-paid executive makes compared to its employees.

The bigger the gap, the bigger the tax increase.

The bill by Democratic state Sen. Nancy Skinner passed out of its first committee hearing on Wednesday, keeping it alive a head of a Jan. 31 deadline to pass the Senate.

The proposal would only apply to companies that post at least $10 million of taxable income from business conducted in California. That would apply to about 2,000 companies nationwide, including the Walt Disney Co., headquartered in Burbank......

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Lol can California even tax out of state companies like that? Hahaha so stupid. The California way: tax everything to fix nothing.

FJohnny

Established Member
Pil Michelson, pretty much the most popular person in California, just announced that he's also leaving. He had previously talked about high taxes driving businesses/people out. Although he didn't mention it he's probably not big on people pooping in the streets. It's not allowed at PGA events, either.

5.2Leader

Established Member
Pil Michelson, pretty much the most popular person in California, just announced that he's also leaving. He had previously talked about high taxes driving businesses/people out. Although he didn't mention it he's probably not big on people pooping in the streets. It's not allowed at PGA events, either.

Wait. So you’re telling me I’m not the most popular person in Kamifornia! LOLOLOLOLOL
The machine shop I run here in So. Cal., we are looking towards Texas. We went over 110 employees today and it only gets worse the larger you get! It’s unreal.

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

sleek98

Established Member
Lol can California even tax out of state companies like that? Hahaha so stupid. The California way: tax everything to fix nothing.

Yes and no. They can only apply it to the income that is apportioned to California. Business tax on large corporations is kinda funky, each state has their own apportionment rules so its not a direct I made this much net income in CA so that much is taxed there.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
so the heiress to one of the largest and most profitable companies in the world wants to raise taxes for the largest and most profitable companies in the world? and this makes sense to her?

MG0h3

Established Member
Gotta pay for the heroin needles and pooper scoopers somehow fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Gotta pay for the heroin needles and pooper scoopers somehow fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I feel sorry for the city sanitation workers, it's already a nasty job, but they go the extra mile policing syringes, cleaning up human shit from sidewalks, streets, parks, beaches etc....San Fransissy spent 54 million last year clean up after these oxygen thieves.

694940094001_6029489767001_6029426361001-vs.jpg

5b983abb64dce836008b5bf7?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp.jpg

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I feel sorry for the city sanitation workers, it's already a nasty job, but they go the extra mile policing syringes, cleaning up human shit from sidewalks, streets, parks, beaches etc....San Fransissy spent 54 million last year clean up after these oxygen thieves.

You think that stench from San Fran could travel across the country and damage the air on the way.....where is the EPA on this...lol.

1503839708-20901323-10155668990424810-4900081212604128988-o.jpg

Kevins89notch

Established Member

Did he have a run in with the gov a couple years back? He made some comment about taxes, and then the gov shot back with some comment like "you're free to leave it you hate it." He then apologized and said how much he loves CA....and then won another tournament which put another 100K in taxes in CA. He should have thrown up the middle finger and moved to FL or another state tax free state. I guess now he will be doing just that.

FJohnny

Established Member
Did he have a run in with the gov a couple years back?

He said taxes were too high in Cali. So they sent agents to the golf course and threatened him with insider trading charges. He jumped back in line and paid a big fine instead of going to jail like Martha Stewart did for far less.

They don't let guys who pay tax on $60M a year leave that easy. But, as was pointed out earlier, someone has to pay to clean up needles and poop so they don't want them in jail either. Just shut up and keep paying.

You can poop on the streets but don't complain about taxes or else. Lesson learned.

Users who are viewing this thread