California dam

MFE

Established Member
C4mVh9zWIAAmd1w.jpg:large

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Maybe the dam just no longer identifies as a dam. We are talking about Cali, right?

What was the chant at all the anti-Trump protests? "Down with walls, up with immigrants!" Well, I hope Jose can swim.

So it's wrong for a people border, but ok for a water border?

...man, Cali sure is an odd state.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Maybe the dam just no longer identifies as a dam. We are talking about Cali, right?

What was the chant at all the anti-Trump protests? "Down with walls, up with immigrants!" Well, I hope Jose can swim.

So it's wrong for a people border, but ok for a water border?

...man, Cali sure is an odd state.

You're trying too hard.

Stanger00

Established Member
I saw a news story where they have already evacuated a fish hatchery several days ago to protect them, but just yesterday ordered evacuation of people. Kind of ironic the pecking order of what species needs to survive out there.
Are those fish the real source of illegal voters? (Just a joke, not a political statement)

They removed the fish in the hatchery because they were going to be killed from all of the dirt being washed down river by the spillway breaking away. This was the call to relocate the hatchery. Let's not disregard the fact that 10's of millions of salmon and steelhead trout have been killed.

The city leaders screwed up by turning the main spillway up too late and they should of learned from the way the earth gave way when the main spillway eroded that they would see erosion on the emergency spillway.

The erosion caused a hole and the hole was leeching toward the lake under the emergency spillway and this threatened the structural integrity of the wall and if it failed would of sent a wall of water toward Oroville.

I have family who live less than 1 mile from Feather River in Oroville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTPete83

Established Member
I am from the area. I have a boat on the water as we speak. Here are some pics from the last few days. Also the pic of the trucks in the spillway is from 2013. Coincidentally it was the exact spot they were working at that the big ass hole initially appeared and started all this trouble.
01005e65f9703e197bc207e28090b2bf.jpg
4b4e563d3569c04b3d9355011ec3edf4.jpg
e654c6c2298f5327db2fff6351f03b2c.png
cec9a1f06b9083e572757acd04647fd2.jpg
7cef3efb6157e6e561130026f5f7ea8a.jpg
47ef0445b988e1ef5be3e448407962cc.jpg
7643c8ff8c2f2408e3b446b0dd6e84e4.jpg
0e12b6ef4d5e4cfcc5acd6e5cea196e9.jpg
6a7aeccd25979d40bc4222cf10b9d52c.jpg
abcdb5677c55b4051cd67b39e3b9cdaf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SVTPete83

Established Member
Currently they are trying to fill the holes in the emergency spillway with rock and sealing it with quick drying cement. They need to be complete by Wednesday as we are getting 8 straight days of rain after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Welp. Good luck with that. Dont see the fix happening in time. Even if so. I doubt it will be good enough to hold. Not with the apparent rain coming

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I have been building dams for the last 10 years up here in Oregon, and can see that in the picture , where the trucks are parked, this is a problem that is not going to go away .
I am not a dam engineer , but can see the slip going on , that appears to be extending from the top of that dam , and working at an angle , toward the flume , and beyond .

Looks like a compaction error , and water is working behind the face .
I can see the problems in the concrete in the picture with the trucks as well .

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I have been building dams for the last 10 years up here in Oregon, and can see that in the picture , where the trucks are parked, this is a problem that is not going to go away .
I am not a dam engineer , but can see the slip going on , that appears to be extending from the top of that dam , and working at an angle , toward the flume , and beyond .

Looks like a compaction error , and water is working behind the face .
I can see the problems in the concrete in the picture with the trucks as well .
Where the trucks are parked is not the dam.
It is the end of the mountain side which the dam was connected to. The cement spillway and the Emergancy mountain spillway were both built on part of the natural mountain habitat that surrounds the dam.
Yes the mountain may be moving shifting but it is not the dam that was engineered.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
The best part about all of this?

We always go into a "drought" OMFG a 25yr drought omg omg omg omg water restrictions blah blah blah.. BUT oh wait.. Just about every 10-12yrs like clock work El Nino comes.. And holy shit declare a state of emergency we have to much ****ing water!!

This happened in 96,06,2016.. It lasts about 2 full years of to much water.. In 06 it was bad that levee's broke in Sacramento..

People in this state are effing retards.. The turn a blind eye for 10yrs.. Shit like this further pushes me to want to move

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
When I did earthwork an old told me "You can't beat mother nature, you can hold her off for a bit but she'll come back and take what's hers when she wants it".

Established Member
I've heard about the emergency spillway issues. This is the first I have seen that they knew the main spillway was deficient as well. That is a lot bigger deal, and I get to learn about it on a car forum. I guess that's why we keep coming back. Thanks for the input and photos. Please stay safe out there. If you know anyone in the rice industry out there, Id like to talk to them.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I've heard about the emergency spillway issues. This is the first I have seen that they knew the main spillway was deficient as well. That is a lot bigger deal, and I get to learn about it on a car forum. I guess that's why we keep coming back. Thanks for the input and photos. Please stay safe out there. If you know anyone in the rice industry out there, Id like to talk to them.
The only reason the Emergancy spillway was on the news was because the environmentalist want the glory. The funny thing is they want to cement the natural hillside.

To me that's not natural or environment friendly at all!

nxhappy

Established Member
looks we are getting more rain for a week straight .

not really complaining. The farmers need it bad.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
They use those lines " in recorded history "
Just cracks me up .
Us old guys , have seen these same weather cycles for 50 plus years , and keep better records than those dumb shits .

Think is , I believe , that dam is in California , so it belongs to California .
Sure as well not me , so I don't want to play for it .
Let the States pay for their own infrastructure repairs or upgrades.
Use the money you pay the schools , that teach chose guys that keep records , to make the gig work .
The teachers obviously aren't teaching , fired.

When I built dams , and any bridge , or concrete that would be seen by the fish , had to be Staines , and have fish pictures on it .
Not a joke either.
I have seen what environmental terrorist do.

I feel sorry for the people , that can't make the officials responsible with government , same crap is going on up here .

Users who are viewing this thread