California e85 KB CCW 03 Cobra for sale

laruei

Established Member
For sale is my baby, an award winning, 10.74 @ 130.73 running, 2003 Torch Red Cobra #1484 that I have owned since 3/12/2008 with 56,399 on the clock. I am the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] owner and I am selling because I need to buy a house, and family comes first. This car has survived my son being born 5 years ago (most are sold around this time) and a few other life changes before and after that time, but the sad truth is; I need to let it go to get what my family and I need. So here goes…

Before I begin, I want to warn you this is a LONG and detailed description and pics of my car and its mods because I’ve never had any intention of getting rid of it. I thought this would be handed down to my son and if I had the choice it still would be.

Having said that, I did 95% of the work myself and have done everything in my power to mod this car to make it what I would want, if money was no object. Whenever a modification was decided on, I did my homework. I would read reviews, watch install videos, look at used for sale threads, talk to people and get as much info as I could about the piece I was spending my money on. In most cases I got the best part I could afford. If I had to have the best part, but couldn’t afford it new, I would buy it used when available.

The car has seen 3 engines in its life. Some years ago I had a report run from the Ford database that gives you all the history of what Ford did service wise to the car. Among the initial engine replacement was some gripes about the driver’s side window squeaking (most if not all Cobra’s I have driven do the same thing). The first engine was replaced because of the head tick and I believe it was replaced around 25k miles (the thread the report came from is apparently gone off SVTP). The second engine lasted until I replaced it at 83447 on 10/1/12 because it had low compression in the 2 driver’s front cylinders (leak down test showed exhaust seats). It was replaced with an engine from a 2003 *correction* Torch Red Cobra. When the engine was installed I went through it and replaced the oil pump and other typical wear items. I have records of everything and even video of the 4 day process on my YouTube page. I’m pretty anal as you will see…

The varying stages of the car could probably be mirrored many times over in the SVTP community. I bought the car with only the Cobra R brakes, 4:10 gears, and the roll cage in it. Those being big ticket items and that given the car is a good baseline from the factory I traded my car in and bought her on the spot.

The car started with the basic bolt ons. I bought a K&N intake because I wanted more power but still smog able, I got a canned tune from Amazon racing, and I also did a few things here and there maintenance wise and drove it like that for a while. The bug of course bit me and as I started moding more, like the upper pulley. After that I found the 4:10’s were a pain traction wise. I had drained the fluid and found they were on the way out anyways so I bought a whole new pumpkin with stock 3:55’s and threw it in the car and it was a much better fit. That was years ago and other than rebuilding the trac-loc clutch pack I have had no issues in that department at all.

After that it was a pretty quick ride to where the car is now. I would say over 3 years it went from pulley > to port and pulley and bap > to 2.2 kb with Ford GT pumps and BAP > to 2.2 return on e85 > to 2.8kb on e85. Each one of those steps was simply because I found an incredible deal I couldn’t pass up. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on tuning this car and done WAY more maintenance than the car ever needed. I am confident she’s gonna run forever for some lucky person. Once my son was born I found myself moding and driving it less often because it allowed me to play with the car but still be at home for family life. I have records of oil changes and many are time changes and not mileage changes. The car has a lifetime alignment through Firestone on it as well which came in handy with all the changes I’ve made over the years.

To put it plainly the car has a FULLY documented life. I take pictures and video during the process of most if not all the mods, maintenance, driving, or changes the car has ever done/had. It got to the degree at about 2-3 years in that I gave up on making folders and renaming files because I knew I was the only one to ever see them. Should the owner like them I can provide a couple dvd’s with pics, receipts, documents, videos, and anything else Cobra related I have. All might not be organized... we will see if I get time to do that.

The quick story of John Coletti is that I had read the book ‘Iron Fist, Lead Foot’ and was inspired to find John. A pretty quick google search showed him working for a company in Detroit. I contacted him and asked if it were ok if I send him a piece of my car and my dad’s car (he has a 93 Cobra) to sign and have him take a pic while doing so. He happily obliged and sent them both back.

The car has done everything I have ever asked of it. It’s done 2 open track days, many 1/8 mile passes, a handful of ¼ mile passes, one ½ mile event, some street racing and just traffic stop and go without issues. My wife has driven it many times and her only complaint is that she wants to stop driving it because it will get her arrested. It may be apparent if you’re still reading this that the car is a piece of my family and life and it’s sad to see it go. I only hope the person that decides to buy her has as much respect and fun as we did.

The car has 91,112 miles on the body and ~7050 with replacement engine.

The car won the “Award of Excellence” from Discount Tire in October 2014 at the 35[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual Mustangs by the Bay.

Interior
Glovebox signed by John Coletti (see pic as proof)
Autopower bolt in 4 point roll cage with full options (removable harness bar and removable vertical bar)
Mounted to cage is camera mount and external mic for use with GoPro.
Custom made (by cbradley) lifetime warranty shift knob
Passenger window auto down function
Valentine rear view mirror mount with tucked away wiring
Aeroforce gauge with add on oil pressure and higher boost readings
Hilton boost 15lb overlay
Grey on black seats
Brand new evaporator for AC system
Still has stock 6 disc Mach stereo system but is wired front to rear for aftermarket setup (rca, turn on and power wire)

Exterior
New headlight housings with 4300k Slim ballast HID’s
Yellow tinted fogs
CCW classics 18x9.5 & 18x11 (Nitto 275 fronts and New Mickey 305 Dr’s rear)
Front Cobra emblem
Side mirror rattle fix
The front bumper was replaced by me and color matched years ago as when I bought the car the stock wasn’t looking good and had holes in it for a plate.

Mods
Where to start with this… yikes.

Engine related:
When replacement installed it got a new Ford oil pump and Stewart low drag water pump
Lifetime Mishimoto radiator with new aftermarket fan and new 170 degree thermostat
Custom made head cooling mod with PTFE -8 line
Replacement ford racing coils and NGK TR6 plugs
New (less than 3k miles on it) Kenne Bell 2.8 Liquid Cooled blower with pulleys for 15psi and 24psi
Stiegemeier ported lower intake
New JLT High boost intake (installed with KB) and SCT BA3000 MAF
Bosch 105lb injectors in Fore Rails
Division X hat (and aftermarket return wiring) with dual 405 pumps to -8 PTFE hose to Summit 10micron filter and custom tank drain to fuel rails to Fore f1i regulator (mounted in fender well for heat reduction) to -8 PTFE return. This entire system was pieced together and assembled by me (that includes hose ends and I have never had a leaking fuel hose)
Canton windage tray and Canton road race pan with baffles (10 quarts)
Bassani stainless mid length headers to Bassani stainless x pipe (currently off road-ish) to Bassani stainless 2.5” cat back with slash cut tips (don’t make these particular ones anymore)
EGR Delete kit
Poly engine mounts, poly rack mounts, and poly end link bushings
All black Billet Flow idlers
UPR Lifetime Chromoly K member with optional tow hooks and coilover kit
Custom made oil filter relocation using PTFE hoses and PH1A filter (needed because of K member not installed yet)
Brand new AC system. EVERY component replaced in the last year (was trying to make killer chiller work for me but couldn’t)
Huge CXracing front mount heat exchanger on custom brackets to 5 Gal trunk tank (all ¾” hose and no bends)
Billet-tech 170amp 10 year warranty alternator with PA Performance 4AWG power wire to battery
Odyssey in custom made (by me) battery box in stock location (saves 15lbs)
No Lift shift (2 step and no lift features) – Which is why it will shoot flames
Power steering reservoir relocation
Hood slam fix
SCT X3 Tuner with pump and e85 tune.
Wire tuck done by me, tuning by Racers Edge Tuning

Drivetrain:
Brembo Cobra R front brake kit with new Raybestos heavy duty rotors F&R and Hawk pads F&R
Custom made brake cooling ducts from bumper (NASCAR ducting, not cheap sewer tubing)
McCleod RXT 26 spline twin disk clutch, rebuilt McCleod flywheel and 26 spline input. All ARP bolts used
Replacement Transmission mount
Fore micro click clutch adjuster and quadrant, new Ford racing clutch cable
SLP Line Lock
Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF in trans
Two new Ford half shafts (have 1 extra that comes with the car)
MGW shifter
Stiffler drive shaft hoop
Maximum motorsports full length sub-frame connectors
Maximum motorsports caster & camber plates
LPW Diff cover, full tilt boogie full diff bushing kit with bump steer and toe links kit (pic doesn’t have toe links yet)
H&R Race springs in rear (no iso)
Clutch pack in diff rebuilt, Mobil 1 Synthetic Diff Fluid with Ford friction modifier added
ARP rear wheel studs with open lug nuts
Locking lug nuts front and rear (rears not installed yet because the ARP lug nuts bottom out socket but the socket just needs drilled out)

Car comes with some spare parts, extra parts and a literal bucket of documentation.

The car is in great shape and you wont be disappointed. Clean California title in hand and can provide Carfax upon request. Car was also just re-registered and smogged. Caris getting realigned before sale as I lowered the coil overs a little to get it to sit how I wanted.

Latest dyno run 680/625
[video=youtube;XOTjwjHc7bY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOTjwjHc7bY[/video]

PM or Text at 858-531-9948 (prefer text or PM for initial questions so I can keep track of who I talked to)

$26,000 <Price dropped

Thanks for looking.

Videos of the car here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/laruei/videos

Pics: The first 19 were taken this morning.
(you dont have to sign up for dropbox and if you click the pics they will go full size)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2fytfadeo99xtrn/AACXwGp2OJrvgEUnVvlpwHm8a?dl=0

20.jpg

1.JPG

13.JPG

10.JPG

14.JPG

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
One of the cleanest looking and sorted out cobras you will ever find. I've had the privilege of seeing this car evolve since it was purchased, and it's come a LONG way!

When things were done, like Ian mentioned above, they were done right, or not done at all. Days were spent throwing around ideas, and eliminating until the decision was made. Even after a decision had been made, he studied up on it and usually came back with another option that was better. Needless to say, it's a well thought out car put together by someone who has a real talent as a mechanic as well as a passion for these cars.

Sad to see this one go! GLWS OP :beer:

quicksilverdc

VOODO DC
Established Member
Bump for such a badass car and a legit dude Ian never cuts any corners does everything right! Who ever gets this amazing car is going to be one happy camper :) oh and those wheels ;)

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
Gonna miss the YouTube videos of this car, and all the build threads. Thanks for all the help with my cobra and advise you gave me. I Really appreciate it. GLWS, she will be missed :( :beer:

laruei

Established Member
Thank you guys for the kind words. It was mostly a pleasure (and a lot of long nights) to get it where it is and I'm elated to have had the chance to do it all.

Dand77

Wow, I can only hope this car is available when I get my money. Like you I would buy it on the spot. So clean and well put together. Well I doubt it will be, but one can hope, so in the meantime glws. I hate to ask, but does it have a 93oct map by chance, can't remember if you had said that.

laruei

Established Member
Hey thanks man! For our sake I hope you get your money soon :)

It has a 91 tune thats getting finalized along with the e85 tune on tuesday of next week.

Thanks again!

laruei

Established Member
@Black11Widow Let me know if you want anymore info :)

@Sn95Snake Thank you very much!

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Time out. They only made comp orange in 04, so is this 3rd engine from an 04 with 9 thread heads or from an 03 car with 4 thread heads?

laruei

Established Member
wow thats a good catch! I didnt even realize that myelf. I went back and looked and the video i have of the car that i got the engine from running and i just assumed it was orange as it looked like it was in the video but it was in fact an 03 so it was from a torch red. my bad

Mcdiaz

rookie SVT Poster
Established Member
Jeebus i seen this cobra at a car meet its flawless. I am really considering getting a bank loan to buy this car thats how bad i want it.

laruei

Established Member
You should decide quickly as I've been informed a couple others are applying for loans as we speak..

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Is it bad that this isn't even my car and I'm dreading the day I see "sold" on the thread :(

Sunday bump for you

Users who are viewing this thread