Calling Dyno Experts

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Ok guys - relative newbie here and I was hoping to get some help...

This past Saturday we had a dyno day at the local SVTOA meeting. Lots of fun had by all.

Anyway, attached below is my dyno chart and I was hoping someone would post any observations. Car is stock with the exception of the silencer removed and drop in K&N. Planning on using this chart as the baseline. Was only able to get air fuel on one run - I'll post it next for any further observations...

Thanks in advance!
Pete

Apologize in advance if the photo is screwed up - first attempt at posting a pic...

SVT 03 Cobra

nice #'s... back to back dyno's huh... not enough cool down time.... thats why the #'s dropped each time. A/F is typical 03 lean at low rpm's and pig rich at high rpm's, a chip will net you alot more power, and get that A/F nice and flat @ about 12 to 1

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
My only observation would be to tell the dyno operator to set the cutoff BEFORE your rev limiter. No sense in banging the limiter like that.

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Appreciate the input guys - Gordon - you're right back to back with no cool down - they had to get 14 cars through in 4 hours (they didn't make it) - Sly - thanks I'll remember that for next time.

I look forward to getting some mods going. I'm looking at two 'package deals' right now - the UPR Venom and the SFPHQ package (the one that includes everything but the TB).

On the dyno chart does the 'spikyness' near the top of the rpm bracket indicate spark plug blowout like some guys have experienced?

SVT 03 Cobra

the large end spikes are the car bouncing off the limiter..... and you should not experience blowout with only 8 lbs of boost

fryingricecobra

Crappyservice=Nocustomers
Established Member
Great numbers P3pete. I am the "opie" looking guy from Arkansas. I heard that the F-body club has challenged SVTOA-memphis to a dyno shootout. Me and Bill will be back up there for that. Also we are planning on going to some Test n Tunes at the track up there. It was cool meeting all you guys....

Nick

raptorman02

Established Member
Hey hey pete,

I think that we kinda got a shifty Dyno crew there that time or just guys who were in a hurry and didn't really care. I put my car on the lift yesterday and I have straps that they used melted all over my exhaust, black ones, red ones...lol. Its been a few days you should have that power package ordered already man!!!

Great meeting all you guys and Nick and I have been talking about that f-body challenge. We need to get them to also take it to the track for some real fun, maybe even have the dyno there at the track. One thing is for sure when Nick and I come back that SS better have more than 501 we are already planning.

Talk to you later

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Nick & Bill,
Great to see you on the boards! You guys screwed up my 'I'll wait until the warranty runs out to mod' plan... Your numbers were simply awesome... 450+ with relatively low $ outlay. That SS was pretty impressive, but look at what he had to do to get his #'s. Look forward to seeing you guys up this way. Like I said, I'll bring the beer...
Cheers,
Pete

raptorman02

Established Member
Miller lite here. If you need help with any of your mods just shoot Nick or I an email and we will help you out as much as we can. I would say if you didn't mind the drive bring the car over and we will put in on my lift to do all the exhaust and stuff underneath.

Users who are viewing this thread