Calling out modded 03/04 Cobra's or GT500s in Baton Rouge.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
The timing is a big difference. Also the back/back runs are going to be in his favor as you're losing power between runs because of heat soak. With 600rwhp you need 555r's at least, or you're just spinning your wheels, pun intended. I watched Sat night a auto GT run the same mph back to back, while I was loosing mph between runs because of heat. :bored:

To awnser your question about have I ever beento track. No I haven't. I've never even done this kinda race before. I think I did pretty good shifting. Minus that one start. Andrew was impressed with car and said I dis good shifting. Wether or not he was just being nice. ;-). When he gets video up I willlet you decide how I did for first time.
Yeah I def want different tires. Just waiting till these are gone.
I wouldn't say I got heat soaked. My iat was 100s and iat2 was 120s. Now after the run iat2 was up to 140-150. Still not horrible tho.
Next time i will load my race tune just for the fun of it.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Going to NPR tonight, wes. Friend of mine is bringing his E55. Tommorrow bringing the HHR to SCR. Just trying to see if the DD can crack in the 13's.:banana:

svtwes

Established Member
it was nice meeting you guys last night, the cars were running well from what i saw. My best run of the night was my first pass [email protected]. car was running consistant 11.7's without wheel hop.

svtwes

Established Member
it was nice meeting you guys last night, the cars were running well from what i saw. My best run of the night was my first pass [email protected]. car was running consistant 11.7's without wheel hop.

:dancenana::dancenana:

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
Anything going on this weekend? I want to get some runs in before I bring my car to Colorado in February.

Last edited:

BTRStang

USMC Ret.
Established Member
Andrew dont worry Im coming for you. As the Fedex and UPS trucks show up to my house weekly, your Z06 terroizing the highway days are numbered:beer:. If you guys are wondering what the setup is thats going to bring down this monster, well here it is.
89 Calypso Notch (bought and being torn down as we speak)
5.0 Coyote Motor (searching for 1)
Livernois Forged pistons 8:1 compression (awaiting motor)
Livernois Cammed/built heads. (awaiting motor)
Ford Racing Whipple Blower (awaiting motor)
T-56 26 spline Spec Stage III clutch.(bought/awaiting to be built)
Built 8.8 Solid Axle with Ford Racing 3.73 gears (done)
1 Badass tune that will be on Race just to go get groceries!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Andrew dont worry Im coming for you. As the Fedex and UPS trucks show up to my house weekly, your Z06 terroizing the highway days are numbered:beer:. If you guys are wondering what the setup is thats going to bring down this monster, well here it is.
89 Calypso Notch (bought and being torn down as we speak)
5.0 Coyote Motor (searching for 1)
Livernois Forged pistons 8:1 compression (awaiting motor)
Livernois Cammed/built heads. (awaiting motor)
Ford Racing Whipple Blower (awaiting motor)
T-56 26 spline Spec Stage III clutch.(bought/awaiting to be built)
Built 8.8 Solid Axle with Ford Racing 3.73 gears (done)
1 Badass tune that will be on Race just to go get groceries!

I predict this race will never happen. I've called out Andrew so many times it isn't funny.:bored:

BTRStang

USMC Ret.
Established Member
I predict this race will never happen. I've called out Andrew so many times it isn't funny.:bored:[/QUOTE

Thats funny:lol1: I want to run him on my bike (07 GSXR 600cc) with mild bolt ons, just to see how fast that Z06 is. Ill run him heads up or Ill give him a car from a 40mph roll. Andrew your my boy and thats a badass Z06 so lets make some of these races happen! When you had the Cobra you were down to race a golf kart if the guy talked enough shit about it!:poke:

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Steven, ignore black99lightning. I do not even know him, he just trolls around my threads and talks a whole bunch of nonsense...annoying as hell. He's all mad because I walked a GT500 that out-powers his and he cannot stand it, now he wants to race me and is even more mad that I don't really care to go out of my way to 'race' him.
Bring that bike out brah! Hit you up later.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Steven, ignore black99lightning. I do not even know him, he just trolls around my threads and talks a whole bunch of nonsense...annoying as hell. He's all mad because I walked a GT500 that out-powers his and he cannot stand it, now he wants to race me and is even more mad that I don't really care to go out of my way to 'race' him.
Bring that bike out brah! Hit you up later.

Ya, you got me. I'll let my track times do the talking. 11.39 @ 122. 4000lbs and 540rwhp. I believe that is even quicker than your 600rwhp cobra.:beer:

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Ya, you got me. I'll let my track times do the talking. 11.39 @ 122. 4000lbs and 540rwhp. I believe that is even quicker than your 600rwhp cobra.:beer:

I broke my clutch at NPR and let out of it after the 1/8th mile and STILL ran mid 12s. I made 643rwhp/613rwtq.
I went 12.0 and trapped 118mph with a 2.81 pulley/K&N drop-in/cb/Diablo can-tune, on stock tires.
Probably had about 440rwhp if I had to guess considering I was un-tuned. Not sure why you harass me to no end man. No one cares about your little GT500, just saying.
I bought my car to drive and enjoy it, not rag it out and race it daily at the track.
Yes, I could go buy tires and make the car run 10s or even 9s with a cam and spray, etc. but that would not make sense, I'm thru with the whole mod scene / racing thing. Yes I'll run my friends and make a whole day of good times being spent with them(purpose of thread). I do not know you nor do I care to interact with you. Merry Christmas

Last edited:

BTRStang

USMC Ret.
Established Member
I predict this race will never happen. I've called out Andrew so many times it isn't funny.:bored:

Dude thats not that impresive for a vehicle thats laying down 540 to the tires. I dogged the shit out of my 03 Cobra at State Capital chasing down my buddies procharged Challenger, Let me give you the run down.
315 Summotummo out back (they didnt hook),Spec stage I clutch that didnt hold for shit. Had burnt clutch smell in the car for days. Now my little ole Cobra only makes about 470 rwhp on the street tune which it was on because the EGR valve decided it didnt want to do its job for the evening we were there and I still trapped a 11.48 @ 118mph. So please dont post up those numbers and expect guys like us to be like "wow man thats impressive":burn: But if you feel the need to run that truck of yours, please feel free to come on up to BR and I have a few toys that I will gladly run you with and dont worry I will play fair and give you a couple of car lengths!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread