[Callout:] ANY 2011+ AED Tuned Bolt-on Coyote in Tampa, FL with >400whp dyno sheet

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
So does that mean that a Boss Intake on Fabbed5.0's car, would make it faster everywhere, throughout the race?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
So does that mean that a Boss Intake on Fabbed5.0's car, would make it faster everywhere, throughout the race?

Doubt. Boss loses too much torque compared to the stock intake. Not sure the high rpm power would make up for the torque loss.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Doubt. Boss loses too much torque compared to the stock intake. Not sure the high rpm power would make up for the torque loss.

Really? I am not so sure about that, of course I am no expert.

I recall several people not losing any power (substantial) throughout the curve, and gaining 40+ rwhp up top.

wbt did a before and after, and didn't lose anything with the Boss Intake. :shrug:

In my previous NA endeavors, a short runner intake that was low on TQ down low, but made substantial gains up top, was a much better choice; the top-end gains outweighed the low end loss.

I'd love to see Fabbed5.0 throw a Boss Intake on!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I've had both with tuned ecus. The torque loss when switching to boss intake is substantial. The only reason I keep it is because it looks better and works well on the bottle. Otherwise I would switch back to the stock intake.

There is a thread around here with good comparisons of stock vs boss intake and really illustrates the loss until 6500. From 6500-7500 the power gain is great but that is a small window for gains compared to the huge window of torque loss.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Really? I am not so sure about that, of course I am no expert.

I recall several people not losing any power (substantial) throughout the curve, and gaining 40+ rwhp up top.

wbt did a before and after, and didn't lose anything with the Boss Intake. :shrug:

In my previous NA endeavors, a short runner intake that was low on TQ down low, but made substantial gains up top, was a much better choice; the top-end gains outweighed the low end loss.

I'd love to see Fabbed5.0 throw a Boss Intake on!

Id like to put on a cobrajet intake before a boss

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Justinjor, could it have anything to do with the tuning? I am unsure of how your results are so much different than these:

StockvsBoss.jpg

That is wbt's comparison of the Boss VS Stock. Not really sure why some would have losses, and some wouldn't?

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Justinjor, could it have anything to do with the tuning? I am unsure of how your results are so much different than these:

StockvsBoss.jpg

That is wbt's comparison of the Boss VS Stock. Not really sure why some would have losses, and some wouldn't?

Sai been wanting me to get a boss lol i kinda like my sleeper look under the hood, looks bone stock.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member

Anything is possible I suppose. It's not just my results though, it's the results of many. The biggest reason I keep the boss intake is because it's pretty.

Sai been wanting me to get a boss lol i kinda like my sleeper look under the hood, looks bone stock.

I'm confused, I thought you were bone stock save for tune and exhaust...:lol: ;-)

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Lol well most ppl don't know that a exhaust and tune is the most critical things so when they see a stock engine bay and think it's slow :)

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
So I keep hearing a lot about these AED tuned cars being so fast and I want to race one. I'm looking for a similarly modded car as mine to run and see who is really faster. I keep seeing these amazing dyno sheets and I'm feeling a little inadequate in my car barely making 400whp with the same mods.

My car is a 2013 GT Premium with 3.31 gears, MT-82, and no other options.

I have a boss intake, off road H pipe, GT500 mufflers and that's it. I am on stock airbox, stock exhaust manifolds, and I run 93 octane. I dyno'd just over 400whp at a local dynojet a month or so ago and I'm looking for a race.

The car needs to be a manual and on street tires as well as that's what I will be on.

I do have a nitrous kit on the car but this callout isn't about playing games. I will be taking the bottle out of the car as I don't want the extra weight anyway.

I'm looking for a few races. Quarter mile dig, 40-140, 50-140, and 30-140.

Any takers? I'm local to the Tampa, FL area but am willing to meet within a reasonable distance to find a race.

Mods: I don't know if this is the right spot so please move it if applicable.
OK Justin. I'm in N. Tampa. I'll race you. What car do you want me to bring? '12 GT/CS-100% stock auto., or '13 Shelby-99% stock with Borlas S-type and Amsoil dominator 10W30 (it helps free up a little bit of hp) How about if I bring both since you'll probably beat my '12 GT and I'll beat you with my '13 Shelby.:-D

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
OK Justin. I'm in N. Tampa. I'll race you. What car do you want me to bring? '12 GT/CS-100% stock auto., or '13 Shelby-99% stock with Borlas S-type and Amsoil dominator 10W30 (it helps free up a little bit of hp) How about if I bring both since you'll probably beat my '12 GT and I'll beat you with my '13 Shelby.:-D

^^^ he will beat the Shelby too but that's just my guess ;)

The Shelby puts down around 600 +RWHP. I don't think so. The Borlas free up about 30hp.

Sounds good to me even though both cars have nothing to do with this thread. I'm always down to meet and race new people.

Bring em both--I'll race the 12 on motor and the shelby with the bottle. Sound good? You got me covered in the shelby but I love a good challenge. I'll PM my cell. Text me. We might be having a little meet tonight.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
The way the kit is setup, that's not really feasible. Wot and its on. No electronics, purely mechanical.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
The Shelby puts down around 600 +RWHP. I don't think so. The Borlas free up about 30hp.

Thanks for coming out and thanks for the runs! It was a blast(as always). That's a gorgeous 2013 Shelby you have. You should make a name on the site we talked about and join us for more meets. We're even wife-friendly as mine was hanging out with me tonight so bring yours next time. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread