Cam covers, AFCO, KB 2.2, 03 Cobra Installation Pictures - Some assembly req.!

sonicmach1

Established Member
Looks great, quick question where did you get the neon sign?

My wife had a local custom shop make it for Christmas in '08. I had an Azure blue Mach1 at the time - thus the color scheme. They modeled it after the 05+ Mustang design though.

sonicmach1

Established Member
Holy crap that Cobra is clean. Your undercarriage makes me almost drool.

Thanks. Well here is a "dirty" pic of the IRS end too...

IMG_4528.jpg

sonicmach1

Established Member
Just a quick comparison. The engine bay looks a lot different and a lot better looking back.

Eaton Setup - December 2009
Eaton_7112009.jpg

KB Setup, etc. - March 2010
engine_bay_KB_3282010.jpg

VtekII

Established Member
thanks man, didnt really have to get rid of any of them... my 04 though i was never happy with and didnt mind freeing up the money to help with other things.

sonicmach1

Established Member
A few better ones from tonight. The engine is dusty though so I apologize for that - I need to re-detail it and get some final pictures.

Still looking for a possible cold air kit replacement. Other than perhaps a black crinkle TF intercooler reservoir and removing the (new) Interstate battery green label, I think I am done. It is also too bad the strut brace does not fit. It actually hits the plastic clean air tube now and not the blower.
Cobra_engine4_5042010.jpg

Cobra_engine7_5042010.jpg

Finally got all the HIDs working together (bad ballasts). These are 6K bulbs and look a bit bluer in person. I need to adjust my white balance in the camera.
HID_6K_heads_fogs2.jpg

HID_6K_fogs1.jpg

This has been a fun project and I am already chomping at getting a brake upgrade and/or wheel upgrade! :rockon:

sonicmach1

Established Member
My newest addition - not installed yet. These are a 315s yet 13" sidewall to sidewall (1" wider than my Michelin PS2s). I'll have to see if they fit.

315_R888s_3_5082010.jpg

315_R888s_PS2s.jpg

Last edited:

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
so are you going to be sellin ur stock front brakes????? i like what you have done......i like this better than my crinkle black idea

sonicmach1

Established Member
so are you going to be sellin ur stock front brakes????? i like what you have done......i like this better than my crinkle black idea

Yes, the front stock rotors, calipers, pads, and bolts will be for sale shortly...

Users who are viewing this thread