Camaro SS/1LE (black) vs 03/04 Cobra (redfire)

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
actually come to think about it my maf didn't line up correctly with given gasket. it had a lil space that was driving me crazy. tried for the life of me to get it to line up correctly.

silverbullit02

Established Member
actually come to think about it my maf didn't line up correctly with given gasket. it had a lil space that was driving me crazy. tried for the life of me to get it to line up correctly.

That is unmetered air even a little is alot. I would say you might want the handheld on there as well.

HandBanana

Established Member
Impossible. Team Cobro does not authenticate this race. :whine:

OP is correct though, seeing Terminators out and about has become a rare affair.

I ran a brand new SS with gears, CB, and CAI when we left the track(he was running high 12s @ 110-113mph) and pulled him by 2 cars with similar mods to this Cobra. Seems about right.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Well, it's been a while since I have had any runs worth mentioning but today while going to my girlfriend's, I came across a really clean 03/04. It is always a treat seeing one as they are very scarce out in the wild.

I was not expecting my car to do well at all since I figured the cobra had to be at least pulleyed/supporting mods as there are virtually even less stock cobras, car definitely had at least an exhaust. My car is a 14 camaro ss/1le with a cold air intake.

On to the runs, we tried to line up and get an even hit but it seemed hard to do. First actual run, I won, I tried to honk it off to make it an even start but it seemed that I ended up getting the hit, not sure if the guy spun, was in the right gear or if he missed a gear but i was able to get a couple of cars out in front by shut down.

Second run, there was no honks, he took the hit (iirc) and was able to creep up ahead, by the time I shut down he was about a car ahead.

Runs seemed to be 50-55 to about 120 on both, it seemed like he had slightly more mph on me but then again there was no runs where we had an even hit. I was/am very happy with the results as this was my first run against a cobra in this camaro.

Here is a picture of the car I was able to snap before we parted ways, hopefully the owner is a memeber here and chimes in.

2LeIGXj.jpg

Clearly GM propaganda... TeamCoBro is Unstoppable.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
IDK.... The best trap speed I had with my 14 SS was 113.86 around a +1700 DA with LT's, hi-flow cats, Cai and dyno tune. Stock in a similar DA trap was 108-109. Looking forward to the outcome...

You know, I have been doing a lot of reading and seems like a lot of the 5th gen SS cars get similar results to yours. There are a few guys that have had better results, I am hoping to be one of them. I will say that I dont get fixated on 1/4 numbers too much, i much rather run well out on the street.

Good runs guys and seems to be no ill will.

Thats what it is all about!

Impossible. Team Cobro does not authenticate this race. :whine:

OP is correct though, seeing Terminators out and about has become a rare affair.

I ran a brand new SS with gears, CB, and CAI when we left the track(he was running high 12s @ 110-113mph) and pulled him by 2 cars with similar mods to this Cobra. Seems about right.

Lol, yeah I agree, need some better / more clean runs on video, they will soon follow. I dont mind getting beat so as long as I did the best I could.

Clearly GM propaganda... TeamCoBro is Unstoppable.

Clearly!

For some reason, as much as I love cobras, seems like I always end up in a chevy. I was about to pull the trigger on a lightly used TVS/11 Shelby but ended up in a brand new 1LE. Cant believe I did it but still dont regret it.

i'm bringing my hellcat next time

LoL...

Just borrow my redfire, he won't know the difference!

That would be messed up man. Why do you all got to be like that???

On a side note, tuesday evenning I ended up installing my new ported throttle body that I had sitting arround. After install, i took the car for a spin in order to test the new part. I ended up running into a guy with a white 5.0 (only had gt500 axle back), we got a couple of runs in to about 120 and I was able to pull what seemed like 2+ cars.

We pulled over and talked, real nice guy. I do wish he would have had a CAI like me for a more even comparison but I was still happy that I finally got to run a "5.bro" and even more happy with the results.

Here is a pic of the car

ikqP8kA.jpg

HandBanana

Established Member
Damn dude, now you gone and done it. First you offend Cobro Nation and now you're bringing 5.Bro under fire. Shit just got real. :D

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You know, I have been doing a lot of reading and seems like a lot of the 5th gen SS cars get similar results to yours. There are a few guys that have had better results, I am hoping to be one of them. I will say that I dont get fixated on 1/4 numbers too much, i much rather run well out on the street.

Thats what it is all about!

Lol, yeah I agree, need some better / more clean runs on video, they will soon follow. I dont mind getting beat so as long as I did the best I could.

Clearly!

For some reason, as much as I love cobras, seems like I always end up in a chevy. I was about to pull the trigger on a lightly used TVS/11 Shelby but ended up in a brand new 1LE. Cant believe I did it but still dont regret it.

LoL...

That would be messed up man. Why do you all got to be like that???

On a side note, tuesday evenning I ended up installing my new ported throttle body that I had sitting arround. After install, i took the car for a spin in order to test the new part. I ended up running into a guy with a white 5.0 (only had gt500 axle back), we got a couple of runs in to about 120 and I was able to pull what seemed like 2+ cars.

We pulled over and talked, real nice guy. I do wish he would have had a CAI like me for a more even comparison but I was still happy that I finally got to run a "5.bro" and even more happy with the results.

Here is a pic of the car

ikqP8kA.jpg

Because it's all in fun anyways.:shrug:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Nice run fellas! 1LE doing work putting away 5.bro's and Cobro's. Too bad no matter how fast it is, it's still a 5th gen :( and I just cannot get into them! The new taillights is an improvement though!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice run fellas! 1LE doing work putting away 5.bro's and Cobro's. Too bad no matter how fast it is, it's still a 5th gen :( and I just cannot get into them! The new taillights is an improvement though!

I appreciate the vote of confidence but I wouldnt say "putting away 5.bros and Cobros". Lol.

The cobra was actually quicker and the 5.0 was less modded, so I wouldnt really count that.

And about the "5th Gens", I used to say the same thing, till I saw and drove the 1LE. Its ridiculous how well this car drives. Only complaint is the drive-by wire throttle body. I really miss the cable.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
So I was able to meet up with lobra this weekend, we figured we could meet up, grab some food and do some runs on the way. It was a little hectic trying to get completely clean runs with worrying about traffic and whatnot but we were able to get 2 decent runs.

Cobra (pulley and supporting bolt ons)
Camaro (CAI and ported TB)

1st run: 50ish roll, cobra took the hit
2nd run: 50ish roll, camaro took the hit

It was loads fun and lobra was an outstanding dude. Very cool to have met him. We all had a great time eating BBQ after the runs.

[video=youtube_share;CbeVaElD_lE]http://youtu.be/CbeVaElD_lE[/video]

Last edited:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
It was good to finally get some runs in and get some good BBQ along the way. Zyborg is an outstanding guy as well and it was nice to meet the lil lady. i think we messed up and got the sammmmich instead of the plate :(
That SS can move out, sick ride man, wife and i like it a lot!
good runs none the less and we had a great time with you guys!

ss1_zpss8nrbvhk.jpg

ss3_zps8kt6bxfw.jpg

sscobra1_zpsxtuxgqhk.jpg

ss2_zpsxq1beflx.jpg

Attachments

• ss1_zpss8nrbvhk.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 43

Users who are viewing this thread