Camaro SS goes down to a full 2001 Bolt-on Cobra...

2001asp

Established Member
I met a 2010 SS on the highway today. He came up on my rear pretty quick. He had a passenger with him. He started to change lanes to pass me. I was cruising at 70-75MPH. I dropped a gear to 4th and when he got next to me I blipped it and then he dropped a gear and I let him get the punch, I chased him down, passed him and a shut it down around 110.:rockon: He stayed behind me for a while thinking he was going to follow me to another open H/W spot, but he ended up getting off. I tried to give him thumbs up, but he would not look over. I get my new tune on Monday for the L/T headers, intake spacer, and Alum. F/W but the car is running really good right now. I am pretty happy. :burnout:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Good job man, i have been waiting to here how a N.a 32v would do against one, glad its the outcome i like!!!

Ill have to challenge my neighbor to a friendly race against the mach and see for myself

2001asp

Established Member
I Re-dyno today @ 1500. I will get it on video and post up the new numbers. I assume they will be pretty conservative. We'll see.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Good kill :banana: I had a bolt-on 01 Snake before my 03 cobra. The 01 had BBK LTs with off-road mid pipe, bassani catback, Anderson Ford CAI and a dyno tune by Dom Orlando. The car made around 314 RWHP and 320 RWTQ tuned, not bad for mods, untuned it was in the mid 290s. You have a considerable weight advantage over these lane barges they like to call muscle cars nowadays, so your outcome should be repeatable in the future :beer:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Good kill, he had a good 700lbs on ya with the passenger, pretty ridiculous how heavy those cars are even with an N/A aluminum motor underneath the hood.

2001asp

Established Member
New Numbers vs. the old numbers. Knock sensors were kept on. timing was at 23. I picked up alot down low and up high.
dsc01178w.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread