Cams and Emissions

schropper

Established Member
I was talking to a guy with a 04 Mach about putting cams in the cobra. He said it would be a bad idea here In WA because I wouldn't pass the emissions test :dw: Has anyone heard of this?

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
It all depends upon the cams. Check with the manufacturer first, they will be able to tell you if they are 50-state legal. They may not have spent the bucks to get them approved, so it may not be a definitive answer. Reputable shops in your area should also know what will pass, and what won't.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Spend your money elsewhere. This is not a Mach 1. You will not find anywhere near the performance gains in this car that the Mach will get. For what it will cost you to have a set of cams installed, you could damn near put a Whipple on the thing...and that will give you a WHOLE bunch more power than the cams.

PM Postban. I believe he feels cams were the worst mod he has made as far as bang for the buck is concerned. He also has to spin the motor higher to take advantage of them. He's by far not the only one who has had similar experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread