Cams ordered

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
Finally pulled the trigger and ordered cams from BPS. It will be interesting to see the results since the car still has an eaton. I'll post up once they're installed and hit the rollers.

I also just installed these in a buddy's 11' that has a 3.4 whipple, headers and supporting mods. Will post his results soon as well.

Engine mods list:

BPS cams
2.5 pulley
Ford Racing 65mm TB
JLT CAI
Off road H pipe
AFCO HE

C9CEF0DD-4508-49AE-A514-BBB20B25A980_zpsdfg4wl9a.png

- Aj -

Established Member
+1 looking forward to your results

Sent from my superfast Shelby GT500

kawibrian

I'm a Snaaaaake
Established Member
How's the install on these, I've been eyeballing them for a while now along with the L&Ms

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
I don't think they'll make the typical 50/50 gain since I have the Eaton and stock manifolds. Mainly doing it because the valve covers will be off for paint and sound. TVS and headers are next year.

Install was real straight forward, no issues. L&M require a low vacuum bypass because the cams don't make enough vacuum at idle. Also when I talked to VMP, they weren't a fan of them. They will be tuning so I listened.

My buddy's car drives great as well. No slow speed issues and sounds nasty

Mike

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
I don't think they'll make the typical 50/50 gain since I have the Eaton and stock manifolds. Mainly doing it because the valve covers will be off for paint and sound. TVS and headers are next year.

Install was real straight forward, no issues. L&M require a low vacuum bypass because the cams don't make enough vacuum at idle. Also when I talked to VMP, they weren't a fan of them. They will be tuning so I listened.

My buddy's car drives great as well. No slow speed issues and sounds nasty

Mike

This is probably a dumb question but did they come with directions or were there some somewhere else you followed to ensure everything was dialed in correctly? Not saying you did anything wrong. I just want to look them over to see if my mechanical abilities/tools are up for the job.

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
This is probably a dumb question but did they come with directions or were there some somewhere else you followed to ensure everything was dialed in correctly? Not saying you did anything wrong. I just want to look them over to see if my mechanical abilities/tools are up for the job.

Not dumb. No directions included. I searched and read a few threads about 4v cam installs. There's a couple write ups about terminator installs. Same setup. We installed them straight up.

We simply pulled the valve covers. Rotated the motor until all the lobes were off their ramps near the base circle for both cams (one side at a time), inserted the timing chain wedge tool, took off the main timing chain bolt maintaining the gear in the chain with constant tension. Then another set of hands pulled both cams out with the secondary chain attached to them. Slid one cam out at a time and reinstalled new cam. There's a key way so they only fit one way. Then set them back in place, torque down and attach the primary chain with a new ARP bolt

Is that the ford tech way to do it? No. Is it the best way? No. We took the risk and were very cautious with the whole process

Mike

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
So you didn't remove the cam followers to remove and install the camshafts? Sounds like a good way to make very expensive heads into large paper weights.

tvspower

Established Member
Enjoy Bps cams.. Sounds great on my 08 and runs great, Don't know why I cannot load the video... Worked before. Ahhhhh

Zemedici

Established Member
video!

[YOUTUBE_BROWSER]QuPLEVl8xhw[/YOUTUBE_BROWSER]

Picked up 60whp and 20ftlbs

Last edited:

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
Interested in where it makes the power after the cam install as well as driveabilty changes. Ive been reluctant to do cams for the fear of moving the curve to far up the rpm range. I like all the powers down low for street hooning purposes... :) Keep us posted!!

Users who are viewing this thread