Can Airsoft Translate to Real Firearm Skill?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I skipped through it and got the gist of what it was about and thought it was really cool. I have a Japanese friend who shoots with us and he said in Japan guns are banned obviously, but he said there is a huge following and community for firearms even though they don't have them. They have magazines that they buy and read and they obsess over lifelike replicas of real guns and they practice drills and such.

You can learn a majority of the skills needed with a model pistol or rifle, but with that you are only getting half of the needed requirements to gun fighting. As the video shows, he picked up the real thing pretty quickly with little instruction which is awesome I think. Getting that violence of action is a whole other set of skills and mindset to learn though. It is the hardest thing to teach because some people have it naturally and some just dont have it so you have to be able to create it in them.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
My kids watch some YouTube airsoft sniper dude Silo. I've watched some and thought he'd probably do alright if the SHIF and had to do it for real. Side note, his videos have some awesome places where they play.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
nc_oc=AQnxP1_M7u_HQsZYsQvsmaqncWuLIl44ZVLsDQpwy3W7oYWMLQGl6aSEAgNU-wCbyBE&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread