Can I use 2 different type springs?

red04svtcobra

Foxbody search is on!!
Established Member
I have the Eibach pro's all around and I hate the big rake it gives (sits stock height in rear) and was wondering if I can keep the Eibachs in the front and then cut off 3/4 of a coil off the STOCK rear springs I have (in the attic) to give it a nice lowered look but still have a slight rake to it. Will this affect the ride of having to different types of springs or would it be better just to put the stockers in all around? I want something ASAP but I can't purchase new H&R springs right now so I want something to hold me over.

red04svtcobra

Foxbody search is on!!
Established Member
I was thinking of cutting them but then again I really would like some performance springs too. Is there much of a difference in performance between the stockers and the H&R race springs?

Smoked SVT

Established Member
Im running eibach pros in the front and drags in the rear. And no you wont have any problem, Ive heard of lots of guys running different springs. You prob wont even notice if you cut your stock spring (other than height).

red04svtcobra

Foxbody search is on!!
Established Member
Well, got some bad news!! I went into the attic and just realized I have only 2 springs, WTF the last owner never gave me the other 2. Now the question is, which do I have the front or the rear? Can someone post up what the rear stock springs look like?

Smoked SVT

Established Member
These are aftermarket springs that I took off of my 96 gt way back when but you can get the idea of what they look like. the rears are short and fat, and pig tail start curling closer in.
bravesbaseball004.jpg

Last edited:

red04svtcobra

Foxbody search is on!!
Established Member
Thanks for the pics, but the springs for an IRS are completely different from a straight axle spring. Well yesterday I pulled the stockers down from the attic (2) and didn't know if they were the rears or the fronts. So since I had the IRS already dropped I decided to remove the stock ISO's and it dropped the rear from 28 1/2 to 27 3/4 for a drop of 3/4. It looks much better now and will post up some pics later when I get a chance to take some of the new drop. The cobra now sits at 26 1/2 in front and 27 3/4 in the rear. I still will be getting the H&R's but this will hold me over for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread