Can the new Bronco stack up against the Jeep Wrangler?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
With the power rating bump on the 2.3(on premium fuel), looks like even the 4cyl should be super competitive.
4dr 2.3 Bronco 7sp manual: 300hp-325lb/ft, 4500lbs
4dr 3.6 Wrangler 6sp manual: 285hp-260lb/ft, 4449lbs

Finally some footage of a manual equipped Bronco.(Badlands edition) Unfortunately the driver offers no commentary, or very aggressive throttle action...but it looks like it pulls pretty good, has a slick shifting trans and a nice cabin.
The exhaust note sucks...I'd almost rather they had an option for fake V8 sounds through the speakers...I'm old enough I don't need to blast everyone outside. Cause damnit, the experience would be way better with V8 soundtrack....

I've been saying they just need to make the turbo/s louder on the EcoBoost engines. Embrace and enhance what it is.

andymarkv

Established Member
But much smaller than an F150 ;)
Dang man, if your interior space minimum requirement is the current F150...you'll need to buy a road tractor with sleeper cab to be satisfied in the future! :D
To me, my '18 F150 is too big in every dimension.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Dang man, if your interior space minimum requirement is the current F150...you'll need to buy a road tractor with sleeper cab to be satisfied in the future! :D
To me, my '18 F150 is too big in every dimension.
I’ve grown accustomed to it so anything smaller would feel tiny. My wife’s Jeep feels small but it seems her Jeep is even bigger than the Bronco but not by much if it is.

Attachments

• 40D9066A-C5DB-40B7-8474-2F7A428CB78A.jpeg
    40D9066A-C5DB-40B7-8474-2F7A428CB78A.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 96

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I haven't seen one in person yet but I believe the Bronco is quite a bit more spacious than the Ranger and only a bit smaller than the F150.
Looked up the specs and it’s close. It sure as hell doesn’t look close.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Looked up the specs and it’s close. It sure as hell doesn’t look close.
have you ever been in a 4runner? because i got the same vibe on the bronco, hoping i'm wrong though. got a little claustrophobic in that thing lol.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
have you ever been in a 4runner? because i got the same vibe on the bronco, hoping i'm wrong though. got a little claustrophobic in that thing lol.
No but I really like the newer ones from the outside...look big.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I compared the new 4dr Bronco to my 2012 4runner...and im a big dude, its a little larger for front seat occupants - about the same in the rear seats with not quite as much cargo room.

andymarkv

Established Member
I know I've been beating the manual thing to death... But I found this video where somebody actually beats on the 2.3/7sp combo. It sounds better under load than I thought and looks like the trans shifts with car like slickness.

0-60 in 8.7 seconds with average driver and two guys in the truck ain't too bad with 5000lbs and 2.3 4cly.(although I believe the Badlands edition has 4.70 gears and shorter 33" tires vs the sasquatch 35's)

Skip to 1:05 to see the 0-60 run.

blk02edge

Established Member
Thought the day would never come, but finally saw one in person, it was as base model as base model gets, 2 door and white... Not a good first impression. It was not as big inside as I had been lead to believe, did feel ranger-esq and extremely plasticky. Dealer has two 4dr badlands coming in next week which are unsold dealer stock. Will be curious to see how different the 4dr is

blk02edge

Established Member
Have not seen one in person, but generally like the pics of it…yeah that one looks wack.
Yea, I'm really interested in seeing the sasquatch/wildtrak package. The base model makes zero sense because the interior and grills are actual trash quality. Add two options and you get Wildtrak pricing with still half the options. The Base model is waaaaay over priced. It's not the value based blank slate many wanted.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Just drove a Wildcat Sasquatch 4 door soft top.
Holy shit, what a awesome machine! I am ordering one.
Has similar feel to the Raptor, IM SOLD!!!

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
@blk02edge did you ever get inside a 4dr version?

I know it's Hennessey(but you get the idea), these numbers COULD be fun and make a nice replacement for a JKU

f6529b43ee8cfed6166b4e76bb09d2fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Dealer near my work has a yellow 4 door launch edition it appears. I'm sure it's sold but they have had it out front to show it off. Want to stop by one of these days and see if I can test drive it. Been driving my 95 Bronco lately so maybe they'll take me for being a serious buyer right now lol. I'm waiting for what Ford Performance comes out with.

Users who are viewing this thread