can you change from shaker 500 to 1000

shelbycobra

Established Member
can you change the amps out from a 500 to 1000 will they just plug up,i found one from a 2007 gt 500, the car im getting is a 2010 gt500 with the shaker 500

NJSP117

Established Member
Are the speakers the same in the 500 and 1000? Or will you have to change them out too? I know the sub in the trunk is different, butr not sure about the interior speakers....

shelbycobra

Established Member
speakers

i been talking to crutchfield,they say the door has 8inch subs,but thats about all they know for now,said some new speakers are coming out late spring or summer

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
can you change the amps out from a 500 to 1000 will they just plug up,i found one from a 2007 gt 500, the car im getting is a 2010 gt500 with the shaker 500

I think (but am not positive) that the S1000 has two additional interior speakers that the S500 does not have. Also, the S500 doesn't have any sort of sub in the trunk, or at least it didn't in the earlier cars.

R

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
The Shaker 1000 is just a trunk sub upgrade. And trust me it's not worth the time or money whatsoever. I wound up replacing the Shaker 1000 factory sub amp and 10" woofers with JL Audio stuff quickly.

Buy a Stealthbox, mono amp, and 4 guage wiring kit. Tie the RCA lead into the existing door sub wiring and you'll have a MUCH better setup for around $1100. Factory door subs are wired mono so doesn't matter which side you use. I can post the wiring schematics but they are pretty easy to find online. Tie the turn-on lead to one of the unused power-on fuses in the Smart Junction Box (passenger kick panel). A 4 guage will fit perfectly through the factory grommet in the passenger wheel well. I swear it must have been designed for this purpose.

Sounds like a lot of work but it's not a bad install at all. And at least you won't feel like you wasted the money.

Picture of firewall grommet
Grommet2.jpg

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Here's the factory Shaker 1000 parts and wiring. You would need to wiring to the battery junction box and the head unit along with the sub, amp, and brackets.

Shaker1000.jpg

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
So the regular door/deck speakers are not amplified, and run off power from the head unit like the 500s?

Users who are viewing this thread