Can't stand G8 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker27

Established Member
I guess they think they have the fastest car in the world the way they drive.

Sunday the gf & i decided to get the Cobra out since it was so nice here. Were cruizing on the xpressway to go see The Rite with Anthony Hopkins in it. So were cruizing in the far left lane at 80mph or so when out of nowhere this white G8 is on my ass. I mean ON MY ASS. At 1st i was like whatever cause i was just relaxin with my girl enjoying the ride. She gets pissed & says leave em baby. I downshift from 6th to 4th & nail it. Instantly pulled & stayed in it to about 130 i guess just to prove a point cause he was trying his best but when your ass gets left behind 7 or 8 cars. Not to bad for a 4th gear pull. Hard to judge from rearview mirror lol. So i shut it down & begin cruizing again hoping he would get beside me so we could go at it from a roll he jumps over in the far right lane and stays over there making sure he didnt get beside me.

Anyway this by no means wasn not a race but even it had been i would have walked all over him. Car has 2.76 pulley, MAFia, BAP, o/r H, 3" Mac catback, new Tousley alternator with 3.2 pulley, new battery, Dynospeed tune, etc..

This isnt the 1st run in either. Last year i was getting gas & this guy kept on eyeing me. He had a G8 as well. We left out at the same time & does a fly by on me. I was already irratated so i pursued. Finally caught up with him on the xpressway. Got him to roll down his window & asked him if he wanted to run that piece of shit. Look on his face was priceless. Went from a 3rd gear roll at 3500 & it was over with. As soon as i nailed it i put my rear bumper to his front & got out of there with the quickness. Pulled to 120 and let out. Let him catch back up & he wouldnt even look my way as he passed lmao

Last edited:

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
Why get pissed? Sounds like these guys recognized your car and wanted to play, but instead your ego got in the way.

BABVenom98

Established Member
Sounds like a ricer. Why not let him get beside you and race for real? Dropping gears and punching it when he didn't expect it isn't a kill...

Stalker27

Established Member
How did my ego get in the way? I wasnt even really in the mood to race yesterday but my gf didnt like them being just inches from my rear bumper. If you want to race everyone knows to get beside you

ANd where did i mention this being a kill????? I said i slowed down waiting for him to get beside me for a rol

Last edited:

SirKing

Established Member
How did my ego get in the way? I wasnt even really in the mood to race yesterday but my gf didnt like them being just inches from my rear bumper. If you want to race everyone knows to get beside you

ANd where did i mention this being a kill????? I said i slowed down waiting for him to get beside me for a rol

:shrug: . I think its a little ignorant to make the assumption that its all g8 owners. You have a nice car, get use to people driving like morons around you.

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
This should probably be in SD, but I'm going to have to agree with the OP. There's a middle aged 45-50 year old guy in my town who has a G8 GT. I used to see him going to school every morning. With out fail every single morning he'd literally be 3 feet from my bumper getting on the highway, and then he'd swerve around me and pass me at 85, all while grilling me on the way by.

I think that most of them are unhappy mid-life crisis aged men who want a real sports car, but can't own one because the wife is a bitch and/or they have kids in the house still.

They definitely drive like they have something to prove. Hey I guess not everyone is lucky enough to own a Camaro, or Mustang, or Vette. Doesn't mean they get to drive like dickheads though.

04sneaky_snake

Established Member
Why u so mad brah???

You have one of the most recognizable fast cars out there, what the **** do you expects people to do? Instead you act like a ****ing douche, like your shit is so hot. Give respect, he obviously thought you had a nice car and just wanted to play.

Stalker27

Established Member
Why u so mad brah???

You have one of the most recognizable fast cars out there, what the **** do you expects people to do? Instead you act like a ****ing douche, like your shit is so hot. Give respect, he obviously thought you had a nice car and just wanted to play.

I can't stop laughing how you guys bash one of your own on this forum and don't have reading comprehension skills. Ok so tell me this... You wouldn't get mad with a dumbass riding just inches from your rear bumper when you & your lady are just cruizing? Had this guy got beside me to race then no problem. However DO NOT ride my ****in ass when all the lanes are open

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
If it's not G8 owners, it's some other asshats. Don't let them bug you and don't bother, it pisses them off more when you pretend you didn't even see them.

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
i would of slowed down... just to add a cherry to the desert; i also do not like clowns like that.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member

:shrug: . I think its a little ignorant to make the assumption that its all g8 owners.

this sums it up,., plus you were in the wrong lane for cruising as the far left lane is for passing,., but you missed that day at drivers ed. :thumbsup:

Stalker27

Established Member
this sums it up,., plus you were in the wrong lane for cruising as the far left lane is for passing,., but you missed that day at drivers ed. :thumbsup:

You FAIL at reading :kaboom:. There was nobody else AROUND. He had 3 other free lanes to choose from

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.

I pass people in the slow lane.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I can't stop laughing how you guys bash one of your own on this forum and don't have reading comprehension skills. Ok so tell me this... You wouldn't get mad with a dumbass riding just inches from your rear bumper when you & your lady are just cruizing? Had this guy got beside me to race then no problem. However DO NOT ride my ****in ass when all the lanes are open

GET THE **** OUT OF THE LEFT LANE AND THIS WON'T HAPPEN!!

Cruising in the left lane = FAIL!!! If you are not passing GET OVER to any lane to the right of the left lane. Just cause you got a fast car doesn't mean it's OK to clog up the left lane.

I would have done the same thing, the left lane is for passing.

Except you never would have left me, unless I was in the Grand Marquis.
It would have been Cobra on Cobra cannibalism and you would have been lunch.:-D
It does not matter if there were open right lanes, you should have been in one of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread