Car audio question........

Speedylifsavr

Established Member
I have an output adaptor to hook an amp to my factory radio . Does it matter which speakers I tap into , front or rear?

I am hooking up 2 10" subs in the rear .

Striped wires are positive , solid colors are negative correct?

this is the adaptor I have

sni15.gif

Thanks
:beer:

Last edited:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I always did mine as close to where the amp is as possible so rear speakers im assuming if you are putting the amp in the back. It doesnt matter front or rear but the wires should be marked positive or negative on each one, usually little +++ signs or something to that matter.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Look on PAC's website for that specific Line-Out Convertor and it will tell you what's what. I'd help more but I'm at work. If you can't find it then just call them...that's what they're there for

Edit: not a LOC I just realized...but you get the idea.

Last edited:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
look at your factory wiring, put each color with each. I think i looked mine up for my mustang. It was easy to wire in though, only took about 10 min tops and most of that time was getting the seat out

a2k_stang

Soon to be a m112'd V6
Established Member
To keep the system in phase, you need connect the solid color wires (white & grey) to the positive speaker wire of your vehicle. The striped wires (white/black & grey/black) are negative. If you look at any aftermarket wire harness, thats how they are represented. From an install perspective, it is quicker and easier to grab the rear speaker line under the rear deck. On my customer cars, I always tap into the speaker lines behind the factory head unit for cleaner install.

Users who are viewing this thread