Car Craft, Super Chevy, Muscle Mustangs no longer printed

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Back in the early 90's, JCPennys brought up online selling during a board meeting and decided it was too expensive to set up a website and people wouldn't buy online. I think Amazon started the following year or so.

....what I'm getting at is that these companies did this to themselves. They ignored social media and dug their grave.

MM&FF could have survived. Instead of dreaming of making the cover of the mag, people should dream of being featured in their weekly "weekend warrior" video put out on their youtube video each Friday. You know how 1320 interviews people, goes for a drive with them and shows their 1/4th mile pass? That's what MM&FF should have been doing. They could have hundreds of thousands of subs, doing live streams from major races, etc. Instead of Maximum Motorsports paying to have their ads in MM&FF, MM&FF vlog crew could be plugging them on how awesome their coilover setup rides.

The boostedboyz are some early to mid 20's guys in the middle of nowhere, who wrench on civics, put out videos a couple times a week and get a quarter million hits via their 750K subs.

Imagine MM&FF being the number one source for mustang videos, doing backstage videos at Steeda, press launch events for the 2020 GT500, interviews with old school Pro 5.0 racers from back in the day, live from SEMA, restoration videos where you get to see bodywork and how to install parts, etc, etc.

I'm in no way putting any blame on anyone, just pointing out that times changed, and they didn't....and now they are done. :(

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My Automobile subscription runs to Aug. 2022.
My Car Craft subscription runs to Oct. 2022, & am not interested in some " on line " publication in it's place.
And I still get news papers delivered to my house daily..

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I'm still a magazine reader. I can't watch YT videos on the toilet. In fact I really dislike watch YT videos in general. If I'm half way through an article I can put it on the rack until tomorrow or next year. I can read it when the powers out. If I drop it in the toilet no harm. I enjoy the written word.

Having said that I am down to 4 magazine subscriptions, Motortrend, Car and Driver, Road & Track, & the one I get from Hagerty which is the best one imo.
I'm letting R&T run out. They started getting political and going on about climate change. I might pick Hot Rod back up to replace it.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I’m a bit sad to Car Craft. Although i am surprised it’s lasted this long. I’ve had multiple vehicles featured or written in both CC and MM&FF. And I’ll miss seeing them just because of the nostalgia.

vortecd

Established Member
I just renewed MM&FF for 2 years through Amazon and have not received my 1st issue so I cancelled it and see what happens on getting my money back

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
It's was Super Chevy and Car Craft that helped get my young gearhead juices flowing . I had stacks of them in high school, and I credit them for helping me figure my head from my ass about cars and trucks. I'm not sure I'm enjoying the brave new electronic world....

pwrshft99

Established Member
It was bound to happen. I quit reading the Mustang mags after forums got popular.

The younger generation doesn't even care for that. They get their (mis) information from Facebook

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I'm in no way putting any blame on anyone, just pointing out that times changed, and they didn't....and now they are done. :(

You brought up some great points but YouTube is not a good platform for a publisher to sell ads since most of the revenue goes to Google.

The reason they don't have a platform on Youtube is because Google no longer subsidizes content creators at the scale they once did. TEN is pushing for subscriptions on their MotorTrend.com video website and it seems to be working a lot better and it is a lot more profitable than youtube.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Hell I still have every MM&FF issue dating back to the mid to late 90’s as well as 5.0 and SuperFords from the same time up until the killed it off!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Didnt realize lowrider was getting the axe too. Wow... I cant believe we wont be seeing hot chicks in bikinis drapped over low riders while waiting in the checkout lane.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What the **** am I supposed to read on the throne now!
That was my first thought, too. LOL!

Over the years, the amount of advertising space in magazines has increased to the point where there's less to actually read, auto wise. The only magazine I was subscribed to was Motor Trend but the number of pages per issue is down considerably. So my subscription ran out in December. The ONLY magazine I get now is Shooting Illustrated (NRA).

I probably won't consider an online version of Motor Trend or any other auto mag for the reasons above.

Users who are viewing this thread