Car Cuts Off At Idle Intermittantly

Jvibe92

Established Member
Chasing an issue for too long now. Need some input. Car has been running fine but intermittently cutting off at idle, in which it’ll fail to restart in two attempts then start right up on its own on the third. Before it dies, the Idle starts to become rough, Rpms drop under 500 then it’ll cut off with no check engine lights.

Spark plugs, o2 sensor, fuel injectors are all new and checked.

Is this symptoms of what? Bad coils? Alternator? MAF? I just don’t know where to try next.

Running a full
Bolt on NA setup with kooks headers and SCJ with mono blade. AED tunes. No issues over the past 2 years with the setup.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Got anyone nearby who can use a Ford VCM with IDS and do a full network check of all of your components? That's where I would go next.

Jvibe92

Established Member
Can they even look into the computer with the AED tune installed? Car won’t run on stock tune

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Can they even look into the computer with the AED tune installed? Car won’t run on stock tune

Tune will not affect any of the lower level functions of any of the modules in the car.

Jvibe92

Established Member
I did get a log of it dying. Not too sure what parameters to look for to see the cause. Well I know Ford wouldn’t touch it cause of the tune

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Ford will do a scan of the car. And yes, they will touch it. That's a silly comment. They just won't warranty the work. However, if they find something in the modifications that is causing the problem, they may not try to fix it as they have limited knowledge, but they can at least determine what the problem is.

Users who are viewing this thread