Car decision in a few months

Monster Mach

Established Member
In a few months I'll be looking at buying a vehicle and dumping money Into it...
I am looking at a few options..
Gt500 13 14 used..
roush rs3
Earlier stage 3 Saleen (stage right terminology?)
Boss 302.

Stock gt is kind of out of the picture... never owned a gt probably never will lol..
Plans.. are to build car and keep it until I'm out of school and hopefully Mach 1 will be remade and I can grab one..
What are the pros and cons of each.. goals are 850 range daily driving reliably.. I am not going to be beating on it constantly but it will get used..
I plan on tracking the car... but all in all which is more rare.. which is more fun ect... any input is welcome..

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Wait, you are in college and you want an 850 rwhp daily driver? I see multiple things wrong with that picture.

Anyway, if you want that much power, I think only the GT500 could stand up to that power without major modifications.

Joyrider564

Established Member
I have been daily driving my 740rwhp Turbo Cobra for about 3 weeks and it was not all that great. I think it could be better in the newer body style cars, but it diluted the experience of driving the car.

I would find a cheap daily and have a high horsepower car.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I can't...........................

I won't...........................

He did ask ANY input is welcome......

If you've got the $$$ get whatever car YOU like but don't skip out on getting the most important part, your education.

That being said, having an 850rwhp daily in college is one of the dumbest thoughts to waste your brain webbing on.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Lol at the 850 daily...right now I drive a 04 Mach and just sold my 192hp zx10r.. I know power I know speed.. don't get your jealousy in a wad that wasn't the point of this..

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
sounds like you are getting a settlement and just want to blow money....

Joyrider564

Established Member
With my cobra, it's not a matter of handling the horsepower. Heck, pump gas tune on the car feels slow to me now. It is just feeling every bump in the road, noisy fuel pump, and driving a manual (lame I know) that gets old fast when you could be driving a lot more comfortable on a daily basis.

That being said, get a 13-14 gt500. Maybe a newer roush, throw an aluminator and a turbo setup on it and call it a day.

Monster Mach

Established Member
I'm a mustang guy.. gtr was in the list but not any longer. This money Isn't from a settlement its money Iv had aside and I'm finally buying myself something frugal.. and that's the only thing I'm buying myself as its the only thing I care about in life.
With my cobra, it's not a matter of handling the horsepower. Heck, pump gas tune on the car feels slow to me now. It is just feeling every bump in the road, noisy fuel pump, and driving a manual (lame I know) that gets old fast when you could be driving a lot more comfortable on a daily basis.

That being said, get a 13-14 gt500. Maybe a newer roush, throw an aluminator and a turbo setup on it and call it a day.
That's what I mean.. thank you for your input.. I want something fast.. but I want comfortable..

Last edited:

Monster Mach

Established Member
I have been daily driving my 740rwhp Turbo Cobra for about 3 weeks and it was not all that great. I think it could be better in the newer body style cars, but it diluted the experience of driving the car.

I would find a cheap daily and have a high horsepower car.
I have a cheap cheap daily being a lifted yj wrangler and my Mach 1 still as they're both paid off..

And folks I say daily because I have a 20 min drive to school and that's about it. At this point an auto swap may be mandatory but that's to be seen in the future.. just looking at which is a nicer car overall interior ride ect..

Last edited:

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member

This....

I will lol so hard if you lose and don't get anything. Talk about ridiculous.... you were in an accident what... not even a month ago and you're already thinking about what your going to buy with the settlement from a lawsuit that hasn't even happened yet. Your priorities are in order... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
OP, heres a word of advise.

IF you end up doing this, more power to you. Id get a stock Gt500. Drive it like that for awhile, get used to it, because trust me, its more than enough. Start planning for the build. Get the small stuff out of the way first. You wanna do a whipple setup? Get your bolt-ons done next. Headers, exhaust, tune. Bump up the ppwer a little bit more... get used to it. Then add a pully. THEN, after you get used to that, throw the whipple or whatever on it to get that goal, but do not just do it all at once if youve never owned anything near that amount of power before.

Take baby steps, so you dont crash.

dntalman

Yella Terra
Established Member
Dude, you did not ask for financial advise. Please excuse everyone trying to help you spend your money. I can say don't rule out a 11-14 GT. There are several automatic GT's that are blown. Running low 10 second quarter mile times. The drivability would be great and you still have cash to put into a good 401k!! :banana: The 13-14 GT500 is the best Mustang built followed by the Roush. I think you can get the Supercharged Roush in a automatic. The GT500 will be a lot harder car to race from a dig. There are a few of us out here that can get those high horsepower stick cars out of the hole, but one mistake will leave us spinning and seeing tail lights..:burnout:Let's face it, a car with that much HP/TQ will have to have drag tires to run from a dig. The tires do not last long and suck in the rain.:cuss: a GT500 with all it's power will still have to play catch up if he is caught out on radials. I do not know if you race much but when a car has you by a car or 2 out of the hole, it is very hard to make the ground up in a street race! Most street races are around a 1/8. I have seen many cars with ALOT more power get their ass handed to them by a less HP auto cars. If you was in let's say, a 12 auto Mustang GT with bolt-ons and a blower that you bought off this site for around 30,000.00 you would have a FAST DAILY DRIVER THAT IS COMFORTABLE AND WINS RACES... If you are set on a car from your list... GT500 all the way!!:bowdown:

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If youre getting a ****load of money, invest it to make you more money, not blow it on cars youll sell for half the amount you put into it a year from now.

Work smarter, not harder.

SirJAG

Established Member
This....

I will lol so hard if you lose and don't get anything. Talk about ridiculous.... you were in an accident what... not even a month ago and you're already thinking about what your going to buy with the settlement from a lawsuit that hasn't even happened yet. Your priorities are in order... :rolleyes:

he's a kid...

OP, keep your head up and I hope you get well soon. I was in a wreck similar to yours back in 2004. I was 21. Took 12 surgeries to get me back together. And i was in a wheel chair for a year. Life sucks right now, but try to stay positive.

And If you get a big settlement out of this, IT SHOULD BE AFTER YOUR BETTER, never before. Dont take anything from insurance untill your doctors are done with you completely.

Lastly, when the money does come through, put some away, dont blow it on an overpriced mustang.

ThomasL

Established Member
I basically DD my Shelby. 820hp. It's very drivable and reliable. Puts a smile on my face just out running errands and shit. I'd either go that route or a Boss.

Users who are viewing this thread