Car landed and got some extra goodies

C0bra99

Established Member
Can was delivered yesterday to the dealership. Thanks Earl for the updates. Unfortunately the car was delivered early AM so no unloading pics. This is what the dealer sent me
2020 GT500 front seat.jpg
2020 GT500 inside.jpg
2020 GT500 interior.jpg
2020 GT500 paas sideview.jpg
2020 GT500 pass front.jpg
2020 GT500 rear arrival.jpg
2020 GT500 sideview.jpg
2020GT500 side arrival.jpg

C0bra99

Established Member
Just did a quick once over and found a concerning issue with the paint. Not sure if this is transport damage but it's on both sides or maybe the paint bubbled? looks like a scrape? Not sure how that could of been released from OC?
Drivers side
Passenger
11317.jpg

Driver
11315.jpg

Passenger side zoomed in
11313.jpg

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
Make sure you get the Full History Vehicle Visibility Report before the dealer notifies Ford of the sale. After that. it will no longer be available.

Concerning the paint damage, make sure whoever repairs the damage is aware of the composite plastic fenders and hood. They may require special procedures.

Sorry to see the car arrived damaged, that is never a good thing.

Make sure the PDI person checks the routing on the drivers side heater hose. A lot of cars are showing up with the problem.

I would post some pictures, but this forum has such ridiculously small file size limits that is almost impossible to post any decent pictures or pdf files.

If you send me your e-mail address, I will send them to you. PM me.

Last edited:

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Just did a quick once over and found a concerning issue with the paint. Not sure if this is transport damage but it's on both sides or maybe the paint bubbled? looks like a scrape? Not sure how that could of been released from OC?
Drivers side
PassengerView attachment 1630762
DriverView attachment 1630761
Passenger side zoomed in View attachment 1630763
Wow. I know these are highly coveted right now, but I would not want to accept that level paint damage. It will only get worse (at least in that area). Beautiful color though!

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Wow I have the same issue on my pass fender in the corner! I will see if I can grab a picture as well

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I wouldn't be feeling good about that paint issue. I would have the car thoroughly examined (you might want to examine it yourself) by the dealership to ensure there are no other paint areas of concern. Do it ASAP! Then talk to the dealership about paint repairs. It could be a relatively minor repair, or something more extensive. I agree that it sucks that Ford could allow this to get out of the factory. QC can kill a company. Or make it a king.

C0bra99

Established Member
I haven't officially taken possession of the car yet. I am prepared to do a through walk around before I do and a solid plan on how this is going to fixed.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Yeah, I wouldn't be feeling good about that paint issue. I would have the car thoroughly examined (you might want to examine it yourself) by the dealership to ensure there are no other paint areas of concern. Do it ASAP! Then talk to the dealership about paint repairs. It could be a relatively minor repair, or something more extensive. I agree that it sucks that Ford could allow this to get out of the factory. QC can kill a company. Or make it a king.
Agree. No excuse for $hitty production work like that and paying that much for a vehicle.

Embarrasing but not surprising Ford would release a paint job that way.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
That there is 100% normal Ford quality paint. I suspect there after many hidden areas that are worse. Sucks to pay that much money for shit work, but that is how Ford rolls.

The dealer and a local body shop can clean it up and make it look good, but it will be worse corrosion protection than factory paint.

Squeezed out with help from the svtperformance.com mobile app

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Dope color! Id just get a little wet sand and fix it myself. Its really minor. I doubt anyone would even notice it unless u pointed it out.

Users who are viewing this thread