• Harley

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Shelby

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
Hey guys haven't posted in a long time probably since I sold the Cobra. When I sold the Cobra I went directly and picked up a 2013 CVO road glide bike had everything I wanted, I have added a few more things to make the bike mine.

History of me and bikes I have been driving bikes since I was a kid bought my first harley at 15 salvaged low rider which me and dad fixed up together. None of my friends my age ride except for one guy that I rarely see so the only people I ride with is my parents friends and my parents. We are all close which is a nice thing for sure so I don't mind riding with them.

Me and my dad Farm together and my grandparents are getting old and soon won't be able to watch the farm while we go for Road trips on the bike so we won't be able to do the trips that we used to anymore. I also had a child this may which is our first and there will be another one maybe 2 coming in the next few years. So either someone has to stay home with the kid or have to leave it with either my mom (who rides) or her mom.

History of me and cars always have had a love for them my whole life got my first car 02 corvette when I was 18 kept that for a couple years than picked up my 03 Cobra. I

We drove the car all over the place always driving it and majority of the time the bike sat in the garage. I have been missing the car this last year a lot for sure too. With the car than the kid(s) can still come with us every time we drive it and can just take it at anytime.

I'm torn in what to do I love both of them but not sure what to do. The bike I get to ride with dad which I love and the wife also loves the bike. But with the car I can take the family with me all the time that I drive it. I know your main choice is a car and if I went to a harley fourm same would probably be said about that. Just want some real life opinions and thoughts on this. Hopefully it makes sense and isn't a bunch of jibberish.

Troponin

Established Member
I don't ride anymore because my girls are still too young to ride and my wife won't ride with me. I sold the bike and started investing more in to fast cars and haven't looked back.

Hard to decide for you because everyone is looking for different things.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
The Milwaukee eight is supposed to be a hell of a beast for Harley, but after the EPA ripped them a new one Harley no longer does it performance parts without voiding warranty. Im looking myself to get back on a bike, but honestly family time has killed a lot of that want and has me looking at F150s.

phillycobra99

Established Member
The Milwaukee eight is supposed to be a hell of a beast for Harley, but after the EPA ripped them a new one Harley no longer does it performance parts without voiding warranty. Im looking myself to get back on a bike, but honestly family time has killed a lot of that want and has me looking at F150s.

I just bought a '17 Street Glide and I can tell you the M8 has an amazing torque curve. It is true the only option you can do without voiding the warranty is slip ons.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I just bought a '17 Street Glide and I can tell you the M8 has an amazing torque curve. It is true the only option you can do without voiding the warranty is slip ons.

Member on a bike forum Im on did a full exhaust and tune and stated it became a monster

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Don't sell the bike but do buy the least expensive car you need to fit your needs. In my opinion, vehicles in general fit into one of 3 categories
1 You want it (emotional, desire, passion)
2 You need it (practical, objective)
3 Both
Get a car to fill #2

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

jaxbusa

Established Member
I think the car would be a better fit, but I don't see why you also couldn't get a cheap bike off of Craig's List for those rare occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Bike = fun for 1.
Yeah, sometimes you can get a lady on the back... but it isn't the same.

Aside from that, for fun a bike is better to me. More freedom, easier to manage. If you think your road needs will always be selfish, and you are comfortable on a bike, despite the risk to you and your family, then bikes are nice... Cars are just fine too.

For me, I went with cars... my wife likes to enjoy, and it is safer.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I think the car would be a better fit, but I don't see why you also couldn't get a cheap bike off of Craig's List for those rare occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Yup, this is always an option too. An older bike will be just as much fun for everything except your ego (if you need to have the latest and greatest)

Adower

Established Member
My story is pretty close to yours.
-Had 93 cobra and sold it to buy my home
-Bought and sold a few bikes in the 10 years following
-Had a baby girl about 20 mo ago
-wife is adamant about not getting another bike and I have the itch sometimes. However, I can't imagine risking it now
Major positive is wife says just get whatever car I want within reason.

Machdup1

Established Member
I miss my motorcycle, but I would never get another one. I am getting older and any accident would be difficult to recover fully from. It just a dream I've had to let go of.

That being said, I will always have a fun car in the garage.

Gravik

Established Member
I will never get a motorcycle.

We've had 7-8 fatal motorcycle accidents in the last couple weeks here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread