Car Payments

rwboring

Established Member
Guys i just wanted to throw this out there, but how do you all feel about your car payments? Do you pay the min payments or pay double? I just get tired of people that are under their loan and mod the hell out of their car and talk shit when they are faster... I guess i'd reather be out of debt then run 11's...

i just pay the required payment, and mod the car as I go.

I'll be out debt in a month or so, and then the performance mods will start. so far I've just been doing cosmetics and suspension.

some people don't mind debt, others do. to each their own.

i don't know why it really matters...:shrug:

Montanasvt

Established Member
i wish i could pay double... mines only 305 a month, but being in college takes away much of my work time

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
never had a car payment, I always pay cash.

so, yeah, i hate car payments.

rwboring

Established Member
i mean my payments are 457 a month and i pay ATLEAST 750... i figure the faster i pay it off the faster the kenne-bell can go on (and ive already saved over 1500 in interest) and if something breaks im not paying on something that needs a bottom end....

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Don't have a car note but when I did I would pay 100-200 more than what it was. I never payed double as I just don't see how that is better than dropping that money in the 401k. I mainly just try to save on the interest.

rwboring

Established Member
simple bolt on mods dont really bother me (i have slp x and catback which was expensive) but every now and again i have to get the itch out from writing the payment checks... :)...

i guess that is my problem i try to do to much... paying more on the car and paying 18-20% into 401... there isnt much left after rent, gas, and food... maybe i should slow down some... i guess rome wasnt built in a day

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
RwBoring maybe you should mind your own business and deal with it... so you bought a catback and midpipe...ohhhh biggggieeeee.... have you ever thought about buying used parts to cut cost?

Last edited:

rwboring

Established Member
do you never know what the point of this thread is or are you one that still owes 30k on your truck and have 5k on credit cards of aftermarket parts...

rwboring

Established Member
moddestmike, how much school do you have left? i actually have a friend getting his PhD in Civil in Houston

ViciousJay

Established Member
do you never know what the point of this thread is or are you one that still owes 30k on your truck and have 5k on credit cards of aftermarket parts...

again who cares... live a little... your not a cat with 9 lives... hell i did the samething, i went and bought a cobra, and inthe same day i ordered like 2000 in parts... it made me happy, you sound like a jealous little poor kid...

Last edited:

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
I finished the Mechanical Engineering degree but I'm back in school for an Electrical Engineering degree. I have a ways to go though, trying to get into research with commuications and wireless research. Did he do undergrade at UoH?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I finished the Mechanical Engineering degree but I'm back in school for an Electrical Engineering degree. I have a ways to go though, trying to get into research with commuications and wireless research. Did he do undergrade at UoH?

que?

And my last car I paid off a 3 year loan in just over a year.

rwboring

Established Member
no... imagine this he is from egypt... he worked here for a while... ive been trying to hire a mech/civil and if you were going to grad this semester i was gonna see if you wanted to interview

rwboring

Established Member
i dont know so much about that... i just dont see the need to go in debt over a car... or have mom and dad pay for it... i have 3 of them that i did myself... 2 are paid off and one has 7k left... i have 401k and am the engineering manager at a decently well known engineering firm...

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
no... imagine this he is from egypt... he worked here for a while... ive been trying to hire a mech/civil and if you were going to grad this semester i was gonna see if you wanted to interview

Jesus christ where were you last semester. I'm doing IT work right now, the pay is good(around $54,000/year) but it leaves little time for me to go to school like I need to. I need the cash because I've always paid for my tuition and considering in the last 2 years its jumped 200% I could use all the cash I can get. My job would pay for it if I were studying Information Systems Tech or CS but I really don't want to stay in IT forever. It sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread