Carbon Fiber Cobra R Splitter - Interest thread

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Updated - 2022. I've had a few people ask about these. The group purchase ended. Mine (shown in the pic below) will be up for sale shortly if anyone is looking for a Primered CF splitter. PM me or look for my ad soon.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 237
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 199
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 195
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

oregon87

Established Member
I'd be interested in a primer version. However, if we're talking $2500 shipped, that's a good chunk of change and nearing the cost of a factory splitter...if one could be found.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I'd be interested in a primer version. However, if we're talking $2500 shipped, that's a good chunk of change and nearing the cost of a factory splitter...if one could be found.

Are you in based on this or are you still on the fence?

While I hear you on the cost, it's not anything we can control. The point of this post is to facilitate getting this going since I, and a few others, want one.

oregon87

Established Member
I'm on the fence pending a discussion with my wife. She drives the thing more than I do and could not care less if the car has a splitter installed or not. I'd really like to have a "driving" splitter on the car as I feel it makes it look complete. I'll know for sure in a day or two. What's the timeline looking like for the deposit and final payment?

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I'm on the fence pending a discussion with my wife. She drives the thing more than I do and could not care less if the car has a splitter installed or not. I'd really like to have a "driving" splitter on the car as I feel it makes it look complete. I'll know for sure in a day or two. What's the timeline looking like for the deposit and final payment?

As noted in my original post above sorting out the logistics is the next step. I'll not include you in the count provided to shop.

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
I have the factory splitter, a CF splitter which I use for track events and a raw CF one just in case.

If y’all are going to use the splitter for track you’ll also have to support the bumper cover or else everything will fall off and you will drive over the splitter and bumper cover. This is what happened to several guys I know who started tracking their 00R originally. Just an FYI

The CF splitter is very tough I went off track once in a rough area the car bouncing all over place bottoming out, I felt for sure I screwed up the splitter. The splitter was fine.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I have the factory splitter, a CF splitter which I use for track events and a raw CF one just in case.

If y’all are going to use the splitter for track you’ll also have to support the bumper cover or else everything will fall off and you will drive over the splitter and bumper cover. This is what happened to several guys I know who started tracking their 00R originally. Just an FYI

The CF splitter is very tough I went off track once in a rough area the car bouncing all over place bottoming out, I felt for sure I screwed up the splitter. The splitter was fine.

Thank you for that feedback. Can you share pictures of your Raw CF?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
From memory when these were done before it was discovered the freight companies made it difficult to send a finished product. I remember this was an issue when some were done in the factor red and then they had to be redone after delivery. It was then decided to ship them raw. If Raw CF means CF weave showing and something you would use to show off the pattern, you need to make sure that is going to work with shipping and freight scuffs/scratches.

Tom

SLOWBRA

Established Member
From memory when these were done before it was discovered the freight companies made it difficult to send a finished product. I remember this was an issue when some were done in the factor red and then they had to be redone after delivery. It was then decided to ship them raw. If Raw CF means CF weave showing and something you would use to show off the pattern, you need to make sure that is going to work with shipping and freight scuffs/scratches.

Tom

Thanks, Tom. This is good to know. I'll speak with the shop about the shipping logistics.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Updated the post with the latest details. I need all interested parties to contact me with the requested information.

2KR207

Established Member
If not too late in the game, I would like to be included in the latest count. I’d be interested in a primed CF splitter. - Rick C

SLOWBRA

Established Member
If not too late in the game, I would like to be included in the latest count. I’d be interested in a primed CF splitter. - Rick C

It's not too late. Please message me with the details requested in the first post.

2KR207

Established Member
OP ... newbie here. How do I PM requested information? Do I have sufficient number of posts for PM rights? Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread