Carbonized Gray Mach-E GT Performance Edition reserved

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll be watching for your review. 8 months is surely a long wait due to the chips. Hope you see it before the end of the month. You doing well?

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I'll be watching for your review. 8 months is surely a long wait due to the chips. Hope you see it before the end of the month. You doing well?
Bob, Kim & I are doing great!! The "chip" thing is killing everyone!

Hope you're also well after having COVID ..... scary times!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad you're both doing well, Tim. My wife and I are finally both 100%. It took almost 3 weeks. We were maybe 75% after the 10-day quarantine, but had nagging coughs up until this morning.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Glad you're both doing well, Tim. My wife and I are finally both 100%. It took almost 3 weeks. We were maybe 75% after the 10-day quarantine, but had nagging coughs up until this morning.
Glad you're both at least feeling better!!

More on the Mach E coming ....... :)

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
kaz-

I got the call from the dealer the day before Halloween and traded in my shit box Focus EV. I was glad to see that turd go down the road.

The GT PE is a lot of fun to drive. Not as fun as the supercharged Coyote Shelby, but in some ways it's more fun. I've never driven an AWD vehicle before and with 634 foot pounds, it launches out of the corners. It's a better vehicle than say a 13/14 GT500, but not on par with the 2020 GT500. It's incredibly smooth on most roads and the magnetic suspension works very well.

I've put just over 1000 miles on it so far, with the vast majority of those from going to and from golf courses- which is appropriate given it's golf cart roots haha.

The infotainment is pretty good, and honestly I haven't delved too deeply in it yet. The seats are great on the GTPE and the interior is better than any Ford I've ever been in, and probably any vehicle I've been in since I don't spend much time in nice cars. My friends and I all primarily drive pickups.

It turns out that I got a deal by paying MSRP as I think I could flip it for a profit if I had to. I bought the car for a pretty limited use case of commuting to work and back and going golfing once a week. It'll save me the 45 minutes a day by playing the stupid liberal HOV lane games, and at my internal hourly rate of my free time being valued at a few hundred bucks an hour, it will more than pay for itself in my mind.

Since I have no idea when I'll be heading back to the office, it's just golfing and a weekly trip 10 miles each way to my folks. I still drive the Super Duty if I'm taking the dog to a friend's house or to the dog park.

The Mach-E is pretty heavy and you can feel the bulk, but the suspension does a great job keeping everything in check. Overall it's a great vehicle.
Glad you are enjoying. Personally i cant stand it. But im not the buyer you are. So glad you are happy with it.

04Mike55

Established Member
The only way I buy an EV is if I am forced to buy an EV. (Which I am sure the government is working towards, unfortunately.)
Not for me.
Joe (or his handlers) is against oil. Joe is against coal. They seem to want to tear down dams. Where is all of the electricity supposed to come from to power a nation of EV's?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tim (@timspony), how is Kim liking her Mach E over the last 2 years, as well?

Weird that I've only seen 1 or 2 Mach Es over the last year. Lots of Teslas, but no Mach Es.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Update …… @Fat Boss , do you still use the GT? Can we get a 2 year ownership review

It's been a good beater/DD, which is exactly what I was looking for. It needed the high voltage battery junction box replaced, which I think all of them need at some point. It's a design flaw. Other than that no issues. I've only caught air in it once, launching it in a parking lot haha. I'm about done with it. I've put 20k miles on it and am ready for something else. I thought I'd be driving it 5 days a week to work, but that turned out to be one or two days at this point.

I did put Pilot Sport 4S' on it at 14k miles. The OEM EV tires just aren't very good. If I was planning to keep it much longer I'd probably put the Eibach sway bars on it, but I think I'm going to either go back to driving my truck or get a different car. I'm Jonesing for a new GT500. I've wanted one since getting the invite from Ford to drive them on track in Vegas ahead of the customer deliveries a few years ago. I saw a couple new KR's in Vegas last fall at the Shelby Bash and I'd love to go that route as well.

The Mach-E's value held up well for the first year, then started crashing like all other EV's lately. I could probably get high 30's for it now, and if someone offered me that I'd sell it.

All in all the value proposition is pretty good if you're in the market for a used GT PE. If you believe it cost Ford ~$120k/ea to make them, mid to high thirties for one with 20k miles is tough to beat. It certainly looks better in the lineup of Teslas at work.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Too bad you can't write off the ass rape you took in depreciation. $1/per mile. Damn.

More like a buck fifty, but I don't care one bit. That's like caring about gas prices, it's for the poors. In that same time frame I made hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread