carlsbad 11/29 - confirmed!

kaos

Established Member
Yeah, I really like that place. I like the fact that I can get a higher mph there. I beat my best by over 2mph. Also it was nice to spank a camaro on my last run after getting my ass handed all day. And tetge is a funny guy was laughing by myself on the way home.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
here's a pic i found of the bullitt that got creamed by the camaro. :eek:

bullit.jpg

Last edited:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
speaking of camaros... did anybody here lose to a chevy much less line up w/ one at cbad? i only lined up against what i think was a stock ss once. just curious - lotsa smacktalk at another forum i lurk in. ;-)

ps - it's ok if you did lose. there were a couple very fast (10 sec) ones there.

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
sup guys -

yeah allen i lined up (and lost) to a ~02 vette with slicks. he ran a 13.36 at 107.65. that was my first ever run at a 1/4 mile track. on my 3rd run though, i was set to line up with what looked like a stock 02 ss camaro, but they mysteriously didn't line us up, i think that would have been a good race.

i can see how this is addicting though! i did think that my car would have had a higher trap speed, from what i read about before i bought this car. my best was a 13.52 at 105.79, with a 2.351 60ft. i remember the mags said these cars would do 12.9's stock (coupe). i guess its all practice. i havent done ANY mods to my car.

gotta tell ya though, that wreck really freaked me out - that bullet was 2 cars in front of me. that is all i would need to happen to my daily driver - and insurance not covering it! i guess like they say though - you wanna play, ya gotta pay

kaos

Established Member
I lost to three chevys and then I beat one for my last run. They are talking mad shit over at fuzzydiceracing.com. Not really that bad though. Maybe that's what they are bragging about. Beating me. :) Hell one had slicks and he only beat me by 2-3 tenths. The other killed me and the other was a vette and he killed me too.

Are you guys absolutly sure about the insurance? I feel weird calling my insurance to ask them. They might just raise my rates for asking. If that's the case I might really consider how much more I do of this or I can purposely get really bad reaction times to let the other guy have a big lead. Unless I know he's slower then I would want to get the jump.

Last edited:

maoun

Established Member
in california it's usually the case that insurance is void if you're racing....by precedent, racing is qualified by one of two things: multiple cars on the track at the same time or a timed event.

not to mention it's called "Drag racing"

m.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by omslaw
I lost to three chevys and then I beat one for my last run. They are talking mad shit over at fuzzydiceracing.com. Not really that bad though. Maybe that's what they are bragging about. Beating me. :) Hell one had slicks and he only beat me by 2-3 tenths. The other killed me and the other was a vette and he killed me too.

i was vids and there was a sonic blue there w/ hre's that got killed a few times. it didn't look like he could launch for anything and lost to a 13.05 so go figure. check out the link to the vids on fuzzydiceracing's site. dude, we gotta do what they do. some guy w/ a sprayer comes out and sprays their tires before a run after the burnout.

ps - i don't recall seeing you getting victimized. ;-) :beer:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
in california it's usually the case that insurance is void if you're racing....by precedent, racing is qualified by one of two things: multiple cars on the track at the same time or a timed event.

not to mention it's called "Drag racing"

m.

m, do you think the guy in the buillitt has any chance of recouping his financial loss?

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
m, do you think the guy in the buillitt has any chance of recouping his financial loss?

IMHO -- no. That thing we all sign says we take responsibility.

The only defense is the 'dumb blonde defense' -- and that guy had brown hair.

JW

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by amwalker

JW
Did you guys install an Apten modded blower on the car? Was your 11 second run in AZ with the Apten?

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by amwalker

JW

i agree that the track wouldn't be liable for anything, but how about from the other driver?

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
No apten for them on the AZ Runs. Yes on the C-bad runs :eek:
So the blower added another 4-6mph to the trap? Did they retune after the blower was installed or did they just bolt it on?

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens

ps - i don't recall seeing you getting victimized. ;-) :beer:

That's because I kept my foot on the gas at the finish line and I did a fly by and I beat him to the turn off. So I got to pick up my slip first. The nice white one, not the stupid yellow ones. :)

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
dano, no, i ran the az times without the apten.
and i didn't touch the predator, still all lean, pulled all the fuel, which ran very lean at the portable dyno at the az ffw.
now i wanna make some passes w/ the car apten-ized...

maoun

Established Member
when you sign your waiver it's a waiver against the track's liability, not the other drivers'.....furthermore, waivers of liability are rather ridiculous in america....they're eaisly voided if you argue that the track was not responsible in their actions

as for the bullitt guy, he can easily recoup his money if he has a decent lawyer...i wouldn't worry...i'm 100% sure that he can get it if he tries..furthermore, he just needs to threaten legal action with a formal letter from a lawyer, cuz you know the guy isn't going to actually go to court over it

and honestly, odds are the camaro will just say it happened on the street and have his insurance cover it, rite?

Users who are viewing this thread